Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th October 2018, 06:31 PM
Friend

Default Attaching files is not working.

I've tried to attach files to a thread this morning, but it's not allowing me to do this. Clicking on "Manage Attachments" does not respond.
Old 5th October 2018, 07:21 PM
Friend

Never mind this issue. I discovered the window that shows up upon clicking "Manage Attachments" is hidden behind the forum window. All is well. Apologies for my confusion.
Old 6th October 2018, 09:41 PM
Administrator

No problem Jerry. There are size restrictions so you need to be aware if an attachment refuses to upload - it does not say WHY it refused. Odd that the window opened behind the forum window - that's a new one on me, but the more complicated web browsers get the more probelms they manage to invent to annoy us all!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 7th October 2018, 04:28 PM
Friend

Bob, I've discovered that it's not a forum issue when the new window opens in a hidden fashion; the same thing happens in Windows lately. I'm fairly certain something has changed in Windows, because it never did this until recently. I suspect Microsoft is the culprit. When one window is open and a new one is then opened in hidden fashion, moving the first window so as to expose the (second) hidden one and clicking on the exposed one will not bring the it to the top. So some gymnastics are required to bring it to the top - frustrating!

Last edited by Jerry Bodine; 7th October 2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 8th October 2018, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Hmmm - seems to work OK for me - I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox but your combination of windows and browser may well have fallen foul of a Windows update - it is not unheard of for a Windows update to break things in obscure ways...

Cheers, Bob.
Old 8th October 2018, 10:50 PM
Friend

I had recently changed my default browser to Google Chrome and thought the changes might be due to that; but before going into Google settings, I decided to look into Windows first. So I spent some time today stumbling around in Win10 settings and found that going into Settings > Display > Multitasking I was able to find the way to solve the problem. And windows no longer opens in hidden fashion and clicking on any visible window brings it to the top. All is good again. I do know I never made the change to the settings, so it likely happened during a Win10 update.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies