Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th May 2020, 08:55 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by svend View Post
mitch, drink two of these and you will forget about agitating on cue...that should give your film a nice soft glow.
lol :d

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 26th May 2020, 09:38 AM
Friend

When Heiland Electronics introduced their TAS film prozessor, they showed the functions at a trade fair by using it as cocktail shaker. :-)
Old 26th May 2020, 11:16 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svend View Post
Mitch - the weather was suitably warm (finally!) so I tried a couple of versions of the burnt orange Margarita this weekend. Delicious! Since you and I seem to be the only ones keen on these, rather than post the Rx here I will send you a PM. If anyone wants me to post it here just let me know. Happy to do that.
I'm glad you gave us all the recipe Svend, and it sounds delicious!

When I have nearly emptied / drank my rather large gin supply, which I have at the moment, I can see me trying it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
When Heiland Electronics introduced their TAS film prozessor, they showed the functions at a trade fair by using it as cocktail shaker. :-)
That's the way to go to sell something expensive with perceived limited uses! Almost wants to make me buy one Frank!

Terry S
Old 26th May 2020, 02:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
This would be handy at a post-Covid FADU party...automate the Margarita production
Old 26th May 2020, 07:45 PM
Friend

Of course we would need a significant amount of experiments to prove that we get repeatable results. :-)
Old 27th May 2020, 01:51 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by panfrank View Post
of course we would need a significant amount of experiments to prove that we get repeatable results. :-)
+1 :-)
Old 27th May 2020, 04:36 PM
Friend

A quick follow-up note on the recipe: if you want to make a classic Margarita, just leave out the oranges. Equally delicious!
Old 27th May 2020, 04:52 PM
Friend

Default What am I doing over lockdown?

I have an admission to make...

I have been using a d... camera since February on a project that requires d... images.

But we've been enjoying wonderful spring weather lately, so I dusted down my elderly Hasselblad, took some (outdated) Delta 100 from the freezer, checked shutter operation on all three lenses, vacuum-cleaned the inside of the camera bag, assembled the focusing lever on the 80mm, discovered that my eyesight has deteriorated so much that I have to rely on the bulky chimney finder (with dioptre correction) and took the dog for a walk in the bluebell woods (which I am allowed to do).

Isn't traditional photography difficult! I have to wear this dangling meter round my neck, adjust exposure, miss the moment while I focus, remember to wind on so that I can frame the next image. And choose a lens from the weighty bag - no zoom! And I've lost the knack of loading film quickly. Entire events occur while reloading.
The photos that FADU reproduces from time to time are all the more impressive when we consider the impediments of 'wet' photography. Bravo, everyone!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies