Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th January 2017, 08:45 PM
Friend

I'll join again. Thanks,
Alex
Old 31st January 2017, 10:30 AM
Friend

If I ain't too late, I'd like to join once more.
Old 2nd February 2017, 02:46 PM
Friend

The list for Round 89 is now closed; those who have joined are listed below, PMs will go out in a few days.

MikeHeller
Richard Gould
chisel
maltklaus
SanMiguel
Terry S
EdmundH
Derek Lincoln
alexmuir
andreios

Tony
Old 7th February 2017, 11:14 PM
Friend

mine went off today
Old 9th February 2017, 09:57 AM
Friend

Just posted mine
Richard
Old 9th February 2017, 11:47 AM
Friend

In the post this morning.
Derek
Old 11th February 2017, 03:39 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Just posted mine
Richard
And arrived yesterday - not one but two very different prints but both taken on 'vintage' cameras as we have come to expect from Richard. However, only one was on 120 film and folder camera; a lonely estuary scene and the other on 35mm (Leica IIIF and a 'radioactive?' Russian lens) of an 18C Re-enactment scene. I should put my father's Leica IIIF (no Russian lens, radioactive or otherwise, though), which I inherited, to better use rather than sitting in a cupboard!!
Thanks, Mike
Old 11th February 2017, 03:52 PM
Friend

Thanks Mike, glad you like them, the Leica was indeed vintage, it is, in fact, a Leica IIIC from 1946, from the serial number, that was, in fifties, factory converted to the IIIF, a service that Leitz offered for the screw mount cameras, and yes, you should get you Leica out and use it, beautiful cameras,
Richard
Old 11th February 2017, 05:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Lincoln View Post
In the post this morning.

Derek

I've just returned home to find a very interesting, and well executed print from Derek. The image is a scene from within a derelict building on a wartime air base. It shows the sorry remains of a vehicle of some description that looks to have been abandoned many years ago. Derek was attracted to the lighting, and has caught it very effectively. The structure of the building works well to create a pleasing composition. The print is on Multigrade FB and has a great quality feel.
Many thanks, Derek, I'm very pleased with it.
Alex.
Old 12th February 2017, 10:31 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Thanks Mike, glad you like them, the Leica was indeed vintage, it is, in fact, a Leica IIIC from 1946, from the serial number, that was, in fifties, factory converted to the IIIF, a service that Leitz offered for the screw mount cameras, and yes, you should get you Leica out and use it, beautiful cameras,
Richard
Yes indeed. I think the Leica III s are the most beautiful cameras ever made. They have a lovely sound to the shutter - which is not present in my Leica M6. I inherited a grey Leica IIIck from my father. In fact he loaned it to me as my first proper camera until the rewind catch came off and let in the light. I eventually had it repaired by Malcolm Taylor who took a shine to it and eventually did a swap for the M6 and an extra lens. How my father actually got hold of it is a mystery - I never did ask him but research by Malcolm seemed to indicate that it had been made for export in 1941/2. My Dad may have had it from new as he was in Army Intelligence, worked at Bletchley Park and did go to occupied France - he did say to get information on radar sites as the information they received from the Resistance was unreliable.
Mike

Last edited by MikeHeller; 12th February 2017 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Correction
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies