Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th February 2022, 03:11 PM
Friend

Mines in the post.

Terry S
Old 19th February 2022, 04:28 PM
Friend

Came today Terry.
The smaller image, of the egg and fork, is one I have a copy of already. You sent it on an earlier round, and it's really interesting to see how your style is developing. The earlier print is larger, untoned, with some deep shadows. The new Lith version is really delicate in comparison, and I want to say 'prettier'. It hardly looks like the same negative.
The image of tower bridge is also a beautiful colour- it feels like a post-card that just arrived from about 1950.
I'm impressed at your perseverance in making and testing lith developers. When Fotospeed lith dev and paper disappeared I just stopped doing lith. The Foma paper you're using has a lovely weight and surface to it.
All in all two very good prints, you should put both in the gallery.
Many thanks.
Old 20th February 2022, 03:00 PM
Friend

@Skellum. Many thanks for your generous comments. I too was pleased how both prints came out, although it took a few binned prints to get there.

I knew that I had used the egg negative (some years) before, but have only just checked to see how the two prints compare and they are quite different indeed. It was totally unintentional that I sent a newer interpretation to you, but I find it interesting the way that this turned out.

After a bumpy start, by using Fotospeed LD20 and for it then to disappear from the market, inspired me to start testing one by one, some of the many formulas for home mixing lith developers, that are out there. Some just do not work or have such a tiny working time window, that I have not tried them again. But the egg picture was printed in a formula given to me by a previous member of this site and although it takes a couple of prints to get it going (I haven't tried it with added 'Old brown' yet) it produces quite similar results to Easy Lith. Now EL is a great developer, as it gives good prints from the start, but as with most things photographic, it is not cheap when compared to home mixed versions. So if I can find a way to either tweak the home mixed formula, to extend it's tray life, or find another formula that is comparable to EL, I will be more than happy.

Also, I am avoiding LONGGGGGG development times, by warming the developers up to about 25C, as it can be rather boring otherwise, waiting for an image to appear and I think that this puts a lot of people off of trying the process.

The two images sent to Skellum, can now be found in the gallery and I appreciate any comments. I just hope when you view them, that they look similar to the prints in my hand and to what I see on my screen.

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...2983&nocache=1

Terry S
Old 23rd February 2022, 04:41 PM
Friend

I put my print into the post today.
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:22 PM
Friend

Posted my print today.
Frank
Old 24th February 2022, 05:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Posted mine today
Richard
Again, good to have you back in the print exchange Richard!
Received your photos today. Not one, not two, but three nice images that were taken on the island of Jersey ofcourse.

The first one is of a large pile of lobster pot rope, which Richard saw on Gorey Pier. Light and shadow is very interesting in this one.

Secondly, there is the image of an abandoned kayak in Bouley Bay.
This print has quite some hard contrast in it, which I really like.

And finally Richard sent me a photo of Black Dog Rock, also in Bouley Bay. A dark and moody landscape, very well composed and the dark tones really work for me.

It's difficult to choose a favorite, which for me is a tie between the abandoned kayak and Black Dog Rock...
Thanks a lot Richard, I'm really happy with them!
Old 24th February 2022, 06:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Again, good to have you back in the print exchange Richard!
Received your photos today. Not one, not two, but three nice images that were taken on the island of Jersey ofcourse.

The first one is of a large pile of lobster pot rope, which Richard saw on Gorey Pier. Light and shadow is very interesting in this one.

Secondly, there is the image of an abandoned kayak in Bouley Bay.
This print has quite some hard contrast in it, which I really like.

And finally Richard sent me a photo of Black Dog Rock, also in Bouley Bay. A dark and moody landscape, very well composed and the dark tones really work for me.

It's difficult to choose a favorite, which for me is a tie between the abandoned kayak and Black Dog Rock...
Thanks a lot Richard, I'm really happy with them!
Thanks Buzz, I was starting to get a little worried,
Glad you like them, my first time printing for a while now, last time was September last year,
Richard
Old 25th February 2022, 11:59 AM
Friend

I have posted my print this morning. Apologies for taking so long.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 25th February 2022, 04:00 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today.
Frank
And arrived today. A print from a MF negative of the head of a statue in a cemetery. The statue is made of dark (bronze?) material and shows a variety of tones without losing the definite feeling of the hardness and colour of the material.

Thanks very much - another addition to my two folders of print swaps which are as interesting as many a book of photographs.

Mike
Old 25th February 2022, 04:34 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I put my print into the post today.
The Postie has just been and left me a fine print of of a castle like gate house, with lovely shadow detail, and beautifully printed on Art 300, which really suits the image, I love the way the trees frame the gatehouse, a great image for my collection, many thanks
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies