Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th October 2013, 06:08 PM
Friend

Default Durst M800

Hello Everyone, My first post. I recently picked up a Durst M800. After assembly I noticed the cog that raises and lowers the head had many broken and stripped teeth. This is probably due to the fact that the cog is plastic and it meshes on a metal track. After some internet searching I'm finding this is pretty common with this enlarger. Fortunately I was able to find a replacement gear. But before I reassemble I want to make sure things are in order so it doesn't strip again. In the M800 manual they have listed under Components and controls: #13 Cross-head screw for tightening the friction drive. But they don't show a picture of where it is located. I want to make sure this is not so tight that it strips the plastic cog again. If anyone has knowledge of this enlarger I would appreciate any and all input. Thank you, Robert... P.S. I'm also looking for the cold light for the M800 called a DANOLI.
Old 7th October 2013, 09:05 PM
Friend

Ah yes. I did find #13 Cross-head screw for tightening the friction drive. Its on the last page of the manual. I spoke to soon, my mistake. Robert
Old 10th October 2013, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Hi Robert and welcome aboard.

Sorry you had to wait a bit to get your first posts made visible on the forum (yet another anti-spammer trick I'm afraid...)!

Good luck with the enlarger!

Cheers, Bob.
Old 11th October 2013, 07:21 AM
Friend

Good luck with the Durst M800 Robert. I had one for many years which gave me excellent and reliable service. The only problem I ever had was of my own doing, I over tightened the screws that hold the column to the base block and stripped the thread. Those nice people at Durst UK sent me a replacement free of charge!

And all the best in your hunt for the Danoli Cold light, I never managed to track one down
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 11th October 2013, 08:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
Hello Everyone, My first post. I recently picked up a Durst M800. After assembly I noticed the cog that raises and lowers the head had many broken and stripped teeth. This is probably due to the fact that the cog is plastic and it meshes on a metal track. After some internet searching I'm finding this is pretty common with this enlarger. Fortunately I was able to find a replacement gear. But before I reassemble I want to make sure things are in order so it doesn't strip again. In the M800 manual they have listed under Components and controls: #13 Cross-head screw for tightening the friction drive. But they don't show a picture of where it is located. I want to make sure this is not so tight that it strips the plastic cog again. If anyone has knowledge of this enlarger I would appreciate any and all input. Thank you, Robert... P.S. I'm also looking for the cold light for the M800 called a DANOLI.
Hi
I have a complete M800 stashed in my darkroom including Danoli cold light it also includes the condenser fittings with 35mm, 6x6, and 6x9 condenser sets, a CLS80 dichroic colour head and 35mm, 6x6 and 6x9 mixing boxes, I would be willing to sell anything that you may require and would be willing to pay postage for, please send PM if interested.
Old 12th October 2013, 05:59 AM
Friend

Hi Robert
Welcome to FADU.
Richard
Old 15th October 2013, 04:54 PM
Friend

Thanks everyone, And special thanks to vanannan for the Danoli. I hope the switch on the front allows me to switch it to USA current since I'm here in the Great lakes region. Hopefully all that is then required is a plug converter. If anyone is electrically saavy I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks, Robert
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:04 PM
New User

Hello there. I'm having the same problem of the broken plastic gear. Is anyone here that knows where I could buy this part? without it, the enlarger is useless.. (I have attached a pic of the part that Im looking for)

thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$_4.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1940  
Old 4th January 2014, 09:19 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburbano View Post
Hello there. I'm having the same problem of the broken plastic gear. Is anyone here that knows where I could buy this part? without it, the enlarger is useless.. (I have attached a pic of the part that Im looking for)

thanks a lot
Try Northern-Photo Electronic Services.

http://www.northernphoto.co.uk/
Old 4th January 2014, 12:39 PM
Friend

Without wishing to be unduly inquisitive about other friends' private details this thread's posts has prompted me to say that when supplies and sources of supplies are requested it helps if the friend says in the post or in his details what his location is.

It may be, lburbano that you are in the U.K. or even if not, that Northern-Photo will export items but it does help to know which country you are in.

Some retailers will export but others do not and giving a U.K. source that doesn't export is of little value if you are U.S. based

Oh and welcome to FADU

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies