Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th March 2019, 09:49 AM
longhouselife

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Thank you, John. But the thing is I do 90% of my browsing either by phone or tablet these days and fadu together with ffordes, 2 of my most popular sites, take noticeably longer than seemingly anywhere else. Perhaps someone's trying to tell me something!
Both are database driven sites. I use Ffordes also and have a camera arriving from them today hopefully...

If you can access the Dev tools - usually by pressing F12 on the keyboard, click on the Network Tab and then reload the main Forum page - hardware aside, i am on a very, very slow satellite connection here, and this page loads in 1.41s; as an example of load speed.
Old 25th March 2019, 12:26 PM
Friend

The website has been very slow here also. It took over a minute to load page two of this tread just now. Other sites act quite normally. I have seen slowness before on the FADU site, but not like today.
Old 25th March 2019, 07:10 PM
Friend

As of my return to FADU after my evening meal it is now decidedly slow. The broken circle runs around slowly and in a grey colour for what seems about 20-30 seconds before it brings up whatever I have clicked on.

Photrio is a little slow as it often can be around 7:00pm but hardly noticeable compared to FADU

Mike
Old 25th March 2019, 07:14 PM
Friend

Now as soon as I said it was slow it seems about 5-7 mins later to have sped up to normal or near normal speed. Maybe there is a broadband issue tonight?

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies