Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd November 2020, 03:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
only cottoned on to that on when I realised that I must of taken 40 or more frames on a 36
So I'm not the only one then.

Ian
Old 23rd November 2020, 03:21 PM
Friend

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
We've probably all been there Paul.
I can remember pulling one roll out of the tank and finding it completely clear. I was baffled, until I realised the developer was still sitting in a measuring cylinder on the kitchen window sill. I'd 'developed' the film in plain tempered water. Genius.
yeah...........well..........uhm..........Yep.
Old 23rd November 2020, 04:58 PM
Friend

This thread is cracking me up . One outdoing the other with their mistakes. Who will take the prize for Daftest of the Daft? If I listed all of mine I would surely win by weight of sheer numbers
Old 23rd November 2020, 06:18 PM
Friend

My son was having issues with his camera when we went out for a photo walk this summer. I thought it had not caught correctly to wind on only to open the camera and find he had used the full roll I was not impressed with myself.

David
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:47 PM
Friend

on my album heading fomapan I have put up two pictures ,one from each roll they came out OK in the end ,as you can see ..when ever I scan a print and load it on to say FADU it never looks the same ,when it comes to scanning and computers ,I just about get by
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCarberry View Post
yeah...........well..........uhm..........Yep.
Hmmm . . . a kindred soul? How about getting it wrong before you even reach the developer?
Have you tried the humiliation of spending a long day lugging a bag of LF gear all across Hell's Midge infested Highland Peat Bogs. Going into the darkroom and laying out trays of dev stop and fix. Making sure the clock is wound and ready to hand. Turning off the lights, and opening the first film holder, to find . . .

. . . they're empty

But don't tell anyone else.
Old 24th November 2020, 09:48 AM
Friend

I always take batteries out of my cameras when not in use, please don't ask how many times I have ventured out with one of my cameras and forgot the battery. I have also left a yellow filter on the lens and put a film back on the camera with a colour film in and made 1 or 2 photographs with a strong yellow cast. Another classic is not having a take up spool in my medium format camera. only a few weeks ago I left my tripod quick release plate on another camera, carrying a tripod is a pain especially when you can't even attach the camera.I HAVE learned from my mistakes, I have now taken to referring to a check list!
Old 24th November 2020, 12:10 PM
Friend

These days silly mistakes usually happen to me when I am using my 5x4 in a place where there are a few passers-by.

I get everything set up for the shot then somebody walks by and wants to talk about my quaint old camera. After a few minutes of talk I get back to the shot, make the exposure, then realise I've forgotten something and wrecked the shot !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 24th November 2020, 12:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
...only a few weeks ago I left my tripod quick release plate on another camera, carrying a tripod is a pain especially when you can't even attach the camera.
I've done this enough times to make me purchase a QRP for every camera that I use regularly and one spare one as well.

Buying a few branded QRP's could add up to a small fortune, especially as I prefer to buy the manufacturers parts when able and they're not at some ridiculous high price, that it's almost the same price as the full goods!

But with these, I couldn't see any advantage in paying over the top, so bought generic ones from ebay UK, from a seller in China, and they've done me proud.

There's now only a very small chance that I will take out a not used regularly camera, along with a heavy tripod, but there is still a slim chance... so fingers crossed.

Terry S
Old 11th July 2021, 01:58 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Hmmm . . . a kindred soul? How about getting it wrong before you even reach the developer?
Have you tried the humiliation of spending a long day lugging a bag of LF gear all across Hell's Midge infested Highland Peat Bogs. Going into the darkroom and laying out trays of dev stop and fix. Making sure the clock is wound and ready to hand. Turning off the lights, and opening the first film holder, to find . . .

. . . they're empty

But don't tell anyone else.
Similar, but not quite so strenuous, is coming back from a walkabout, trying out a new LF camera, and because of total lack of familiarity and a long gap since the last time, discovering that every film sheet was in backwards.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies