Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th June 2016, 06:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
Next to the barcode on the canister, you should see a six-digit numeric code.

The website http://dexter.pcode.nl/ allows you enter this code and then tells you what film type it is.

My rolls of Poundland film have the code 806253 and dexter reports that the film type is Fujicolor 200.

Thanks for that tip. I have a 36 exp Agfa Vista which arrived this morning and the number under the bar code is the same as you quoted and is as you say made by Fuji as their Fujicolour 200.

The stuff that comes from Pound land is numbered 306253 which is the same film but for 24 exp cassettes.

So Fuji film it is. Fine so long as it is fresh stock.

Incidentally The stuff I used over the weekend was accidentally exposed at 100 ISO for the first 8 exposures until I noticed my error (non DX manual Minolta XE1).

I changed the ISO to 200 and the exposures were from then on....shall we say a bit on the thin side. The colour saturation is a lot better too and not so grainy
Old 7th June 2016, 06:21 PM
Friend

Default That's sorted then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
Next to the barcode on the canister, you should see a six-digit numeric code.

The website http://dexter.pcode.nl/ allows you enter this code and then tells you what film type it is.

My rolls of Poundland film have the code 806253 and dexter reports that the film type is Fujicolor 200.

Thanks for that tip. I have a pack of 10x36 exp Agfa Vista which arrived this morning and the number under the bar code is the same as you quoted and is as you say made by Fuji as their Fujicolour 200.

The stuff that comes from Pound land is numbered 306253 which is the same film, but for 24 exp cassettes.

So Fuji film it is. Fine so long as it is fresh stock.

Incidentally The stuff I used over the weekend was accidentally exposed at 100 ISO for the first 8 exposures until I noticed my error (non DX manual Minolta XE1).

I changed the ISO to 200 and the exposures were from then on....shall we say a bit on the thin side. The colour saturation is a lot better too and not so grainy
Old 7th June 2016, 08:17 PM
Friend

Looks like I need to take my comments back. The stuff is still called Agfa Vista despite it being Fuji so the the German lawyers are impotent in the U.K.

Just goes to show that we are in the EU but not controlled by the EU. David Cameron will be incorporating this example in his PM's questions tomorrow while taking a picture of Jeremy Corbyn from across the floor.

Mike
Old 7th June 2016, 09:01 PM
Friend

The film called Agfa Vista+ has a printed Agfa cassette. The film called Agfa Vista (no +) has the generic purple cassette. I suspect the difference is down to Lupus not buying a sufficiently large enough batch to get the cassettes specially printed - cardboard boxes are much cheaper to print and probably printed in Germany.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies