Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Exhibition: Chotebor Castle, Czech Republic

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th January 2012, 12:41 AM
Friend

Default Exhibition Chotebor Castle - how to submit prints

Dear FADU friends, I apologize for the long wait. It showed up to be quite an event to organize this, however all seems to be agreed with the gallery and therefore we are ready to go.

If you are interested in submitting your prints for this exhibition, then there's all you need to know.

Submitting your prints:

You can submit up to three unmounted prints (a series or single prints) of any format, with the image size between 10x12 centimeters up to 26x36 centimeters. For square format, the maximum size we can accommodate is 36x36 centimeters.

All submitted prints must have at least 2 centimeters border (black or white) to allow convenient mounting and framing. Backing sheets are acceptable and they (as well) must have at least 2 centimeters plain border.

All prints will be displayed in unglazed frames, behind 50x40cm white mount card, with no border between the image and the mount card.

The subject matter is open, however please remember the prints will be on public display. Please consider to submit a set of 3 related images, as we will do our best to display all 3 images you submit for this exhibition.

Images must be printed from a negative or positive, colour or monochrome, exposed in a film camera.

For alternative / historic printing techniques, we allow "making a large format negative" up to the size of 8x10" using the digital way, such as scanning and printing any original negative exposed in a film camera of any format (135, 120, 4x5", 5x7"). Again, please note this is only allowed for alternative techniques.

Any inkjet, digital, computer manipulated, and printed images will not be accepted.

Paper type and finish of any choice. Toning and other treatments welcome.

On the back of each print please write your name, full postal address and the name of the print. We recommend to use a soft 4B pencil, to avoid damaging the surface of the print.

The entry fee for the exhibition is £10. The fee is payable via paypal to Leo Stehlik (lstehlik@51nls.co.uk), alternatively using a sterling cheque payable to L. Stehlik (UK only). The fee does not include return postage. If you would like to have your prints returned, please contact me via email, and we will agree how we do this later on when the exhibition will close. Prints not required to be returned will be destroyed.

All FADU friends who do want to participate in this exhibition, please post here and send me a PM to confirm your interest, and I will PM you back the postal address for submitting your prints.

The deadline for submitting prints for the exhibition is Friday 2nd March 2012.

Exhibition details

The exhibition will take place between March 22nd and April 29th at the Chotebor Castle, Chotebor.

The opening night of the exhibition is Thursday 22nd March 2012, and will take place at the Chotebor Castle from 6.30 pm. There will be an annual gathering of our photo club during the weekend of 23rd and 25th March 2012 in the small village of Bilek nearby. We plan to do some photo outings to the beautiful area of river Doubravka near Chotebor.

If you are interested in participating at the opening of the exhibition and / or for the weekend, please PM me and I will send you the details how to best get to Chotebor, and how and where to book your accomodation. For your consideration, an EasyJet flight from Gatwick to Prague is typically between £50 - £150 one way, or Stansted to Brno £30 - £100 one way; local trains to Chotebor around £20 one way, and accomodation around £40 per day.

In case of any questions please PM me, and I will do my best to respond to you as soon as I can.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:08 AM
Friend

I think that this looks like a venture well worth my support so I confirm that I will make a submission.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:35 AM
Friend

Hi Leo,

Just to confirm that I will submit 3 prints on 30 x 40 paper with minimum 2cm border on all sides.

Thanks for the opportunity.

David.

www.dsallen.de
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Old 24th January 2012, 09:44 AM
Friend

Hi Leo,
Many thanks for posting this and do please count me in. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the exhibition as I shall be away that weekend. Hopefully I will be able to do so on another occasion.

All the best with the venture.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 24th January 2012, 12:30 PM
Friend

Hi Leo,
I confirm that I will be submitting prints for the exhibition. Unfortunately I am unlikely to be able to attend.
Regards,
Paul
Old 24th January 2012, 05:52 PM
Friend

Hi Leo,

sounds like the perfect excuse to do some prints. I'll be submitting as well.

Ivan
Old 6th February 2012, 03:24 PM
Friend

Hi Leo,
I have transferred £10 to your PayPal account to cover the Exhibition fee as requested. I will post three prints to Milos tomorrow. I would like the prints returned and possibly the easiest way is for you to bring them to the next FADU meeting that we will both attend, at present this looks like being in November in Devon.
I hope the exhibition is successful for you all, don’t forget to post plenty of snaps of the opening meeting here on the forum.
Old 6th February 2012, 05:08 PM
Friend

Thank you very much Dave!

As soon as the exhibition finishes end of April, I will bring your prints (and of the rest of the FADU members taking part in the exhibition) back to the UK. As you suggested, probably best would be to bring them along to the next FADU meeting where possible, for others who are not able to wait that long, we can agree on other options, such as local meet up in London area, or sending prints back via post.

I'm sure there will be a lot of snaps from the opening available, I'm sure I will post them here. For now, here's the official invite for the exhibition (sorry it is in Czech language only now, however we should have an english version available soon as well)

http://www.afuk.cz/index.php?option=...tava-afuk-2012
Old 20th February 2012, 10:20 AM
Friend

Leo,
I have posted my three prints today and will transfer £10 to your pay pal account. Hope all goes well with the exhibition. I am happy to have the prints returned when we next meet. Possibly North Devon in November?

Regards,
Paul Enters
Old 25th February 2012, 10:39 AM
Friend

Hi Leo,

3 prints with image size 238mm x 294mm on 11" x 4" paper dispatched today from Berlin to Milos in Bratislava.

Will send Paypal later today.

have also sent a PM.

All the best,

David.
www.dsallen.de
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies