Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th September 2021, 07:36 PM
Friend

Default Tetenal C41 film developer and fixer tablets

It was a comment by Nat Polton in the CT scanner thread that has prompted this new thread rather than start a discussion on Tetenal tablets in the CT scanner thread

As a result of Nat's comment that Tetenal are now producing these tablets that were first mentioned by Tetenal over two years ago I did some research and was unable to ascertain that the tablets are now in a kit and are available

So, Nat, can I ask where have you found the info that such tablets are now on sale?

It's a great idea for very small volume C41 users.

Thanks

Mike
Old 15th September 2021, 07:59 PM
Friend

https://www.fotoimpex.com/chemistry/...r-20-film.html

Hi Mike. Best I can do. However, these are "black and white chemistry".
Nor sure what you're thinking off with regard to C41. Maybe these would be useful for the occasional B&W user who normally shoots C41 film?
Old 15th September 2021, 08:00 PM
Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_WzS50B9jw

https://tetenal.com/en/

I found it on Nico's Photo Show, youtube.

Then I had a look at the Tetenal site.

It's an old idea revisited.
Hopefully some one will come up with a practical review soon.

Cheers.

Have a look at 7mins. 30 seconds on Nico's video.

Last edited by Nat Polton; 15th September 2021 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Extra info...
Old 15th September 2021, 11:28 PM
Friend

Thanks Nat. Yes, this might be the solution for b&w development in foreign lands, assuming that you get a hand inspection at Heathrow in the first instance . Frankly it was difficult to tell if responding positively to such a request can be taken for granted based on Ilford's reply and it was my assumption that if Heathrow has agreed then other airports will follow suit. Neither of which can I guarantee as Ilford has not stated this in unequivocal terms. However it sounds as if the C41 tablets may be some way off as yet

Mike
Old 16th September 2021, 06:46 AM
Friend

Default Longevity of C41

I have an idea that someone somewhere has 'tweeked' the most recent C41 developers anyway that give them a much longer life. I stopped using Tetenal a while back because I was having difficulty in finding a middle sized kit and went back to Digibase.

I opened a 5 l kit way back in April this year and pre-mixed an amount of developer that would see me over a period when stored in full sealed glass bottles. That was used up so went to make some more and was very surprised to find that all of the chemicals in the three bottles were as clear as crystal. even though they had been opened almost 6 months before. They also worked perfectly well with no colour imbalance.

The only difference I could tell was in the kit itself they now include a bottle of 'starter' previously it would have been pre-mixed. So the tablet form is ideal for travellers who want to process on the run so to speak is a good idea here is a good alternative. (So long as you are not flying).
Old 18th January 2023, 03:05 PM
Friend

Default (New?) 1 litre C41 kit from Tetenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
I stopped using Tetenal a while back because I was having difficulty in finding a middle sized kit and went back to Digibase.
Having found this whilst browsing, I wonder if this is of help to you John, over a year later...

The title and text seem to mention E6, but they also show pictures of 1 litre sized bottles for C41 / E6 - do both processes use the same chemicals? Maybe one needs to delve a little deeper into their site.

https://tetenal.com/en/homepage/cons...ad-kit-for-1-l

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies