Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th July 2021, 02:05 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering is in the post - at last!

Terry S
And arrived today. Two prints a small lith (which I have never attemted and don't think I have the patience to produce) print and a print of a negative made of a carving on a a water feature in a nearby public garden and park. Both of interest for different reasons and worthy additions to my burgeoning exchange prints. I will be sending a PM shortly.

Thanks, Mike
Old 30th July 2021, 02:44 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Terry:
I have tried to send you a PM but it tells me that you need to clear some space in your PM folder to receive any more!!

Mike
Old 30th July 2021, 08:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
And arrived today. Two prints a small lith (which I have never attemted and don't think I have the patience to produce) print...

Thanks, Mike
Good to hear they arrived so swiftly Mike. Royal Mail still amazes me at times, with their speedy delivery and having worked at a sorting office one Christmas period, I have seen how much mail has to be sorted each day and night.

For anyone who has ever thought of doing lith printing, I can recommend trying Easylith, as it gives development times that are very similar to RC and FB printing and one doesn't have to to wait for ridiculous lengths of time for an image to emerge slightly and then go no further...

Terry
Old 30th July 2021, 08:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
Terry:
I have tried to send you a PM but it tells me that you need to clear some space in your PM folder to receive any more!!

Mike
Yep, clearing my inbox is constantly at the top of my to-do list Mike, but by the time you read this I should have cleared some space for you.

Terry
Old 2nd August 2021, 06:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Mine should have caught the last collection, today.
Hi Marty,
Safely arrived today. Thank you very much for this stunning print. Just a prime example for mastering the craft of photographing and printing. Excellent composition and throughout wonderful tonality.
The venue is quite known in Germany. If you like this subject another one would be Völklinger Hütte (https://www.voelklinger-huette.org/en/welcome/).
Your whole set-up from camera and lens to the darkroom equipment is almost exactly my wishlist. Possibly a Chamonix instead, because of my love for wood (introducing you to another important part of the rich Dutch culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E48r-JTSAVM). ;-)
Best wishes, Frank
Old 2nd August 2021, 07:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Marty,
Safely arrived today. Thank you very much for this stunning print. Just a prime example for mastering the craft of photographing and printing. Excellent composition and throughout wonderful tonality.
The venue is quite known in Germany. If you like this subject another one would be Völklinger Hütte (https://www.voelklinger-huette.org/en/welcome/).
Your whole set-up from camera and lens to the darkroom equipment is almost exactly my wishlist. Possibly a Chamonix instead, because of my love for wood (introducing you to another important part of the rich Dutch culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E48r-JTSAVM). ;-)
Best wishes, Frank
Hartelijk bedankt, Frank. And I fully understand your passion for wooden field cameras!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 7th August 2021, 02:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted my print today.

The Rhine was up very high, but still not flooding the villages. Here they reinstated the alluvial forest, which helps a lot. Though ground water was pressing indoors nearby the river, as we could see some houses pumping out some water continuously.
And finally arrived today, so many thanks Frank.

Well, apparently I must have asked about Frank's VERY large, LF camera in a post, as he has sent to me a lovely picture of the camera itself.

Frank describes it as a travel camera, but the dimensions makes me think that one would need a very big backpack or suitcase to carry it in!

With the camera being about 100 - 120 years old and the lens being from 1927, it's great to see it looking so good and still being used.

I've often thought about investing in something similar myself, but I think it would end up on a shelf to be looked at mostly, as I just can't imagine carrying it around.

Many thanks once more Frank and it reminds me how far that camera design has evolved.

Terry S

P.S. And I meant to say, what lovely stamps on the envelope, which I will put in an envelope I have with other stamps, that I then send to charities that sell these on collectors to generate funds.

Last edited by Terry S; 7th August 2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old 8th August 2021, 08:43 AM
Friend

Thank you, Terry. My main workhorses remain my two medium format cameras. I looked around for a specific LF camera of this size, because I wanted to use it mainly for creating contact prints with the old processes. Once I saw this one, I simply fell in love with the camera and also the idea of preserving one more old camera, hopefully for the next generation. LF is the most wonderful way of making a photograph. The image on the ground glass is just special.
Frank
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies