Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th August 2017, 02:04 PM
Friend

Default Film processed at once

I have been working on a hanger made from plastic that I can hang processed film from to dry.
I was wondering how many rolls of film others process at one time.
The max number I have processed is six and so may hanger only holds six. I made the hanger as an answer to my hap hazard placing of film while it drys.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 17th August 2017, 02:13 PM
Friend

I normally process 12 sheets (2 batches of 6) at a time and have them hanging up in the dryer, so theoretically could have up to 12 rolls drying at a time.
Old 17th August 2017, 02:38 PM
Friend

Mostly 2 these days, sometimes 4 if say I have 2 35mm and 2 120, I have a line in my darkroom that I can use for hanging film to dry and hanging prints
Richard
Old 17th August 2017, 03:27 PM
Friend

I use the Durst UT100 which is a great dryer, having a fan on top and a transparent plastic tunnel into which the films hang but it would restrict the number of films to be dried at once to at most 4 as there is a bit of air turbulence which causes the films to swing a little.

I have never had more than 2 to do at any one time.

Mike
Old 17th August 2017, 04:48 PM
Friend

I have enough ss clips but my biggest prcessing tank takes 4 135 rolls, so this is my limit and my usual batch. Earlier this week I developed four rolls in Tetenal Colortec C41. Worked like a charm.
Old 17th August 2017, 06:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I use the Durst UT100 which is a great dryer, having a fan on top and a transparent plastic tunnel into which the films hang but it would restrict the number of films to be dried at once to at most 4 as there is a bit of air turbulence which causes the films to swing a little.

I have never had more than 2 to do at any one time.

Mike
I use a UT100 too with 12 spring clips, but rarely turn the fan on to dry film......normally i just leave it hanging to air-dry in the darkroom but protected by the plastic tube.
Old 17th August 2017, 07:58 PM
Friend

I have a film drying cabinet for my negs I let them dry over night but if I need them in a hurry I can turn the heat on and dry them in 30 mins ,I can get a lot of films in there ,and if you have got the space I would recommend one

www.essexcockney.com
Old 18th August 2017, 12:39 PM
Friend

I have processed 10 sheets of 5x4 at onetime and then hung them in my Durst UT100

There is enough space - just.

As far as rolls of film - my maximum is 5 at one time.

I find a (Paterson) weighted film clip at the bottom helps keep them stationary in the air stream.

I always use the fan to assist the speed of drying but have modified my UT100 by adding some vehicle pollen filter media to the air intake - its good for 100% filtration at 5 x 10^-6m particle size - so dust is not a problem but it does slow the rate of drying.

Martin
Old 18th August 2017, 12:44 PM
Friend

I did something similar but used the carbon filter used in cooker hoods.....new obviously.

I took that approach as i was worried that slowing down the airflow too much may have caused overheating of the elements.

Mike
Old 18th August 2017, 02:29 PM
Friend

Thank you all for your responses. In the early days I used use a drying cabinet but no long have the room. As I looking back my darkroom has progressively gotten smaller. If things continue a long this line my darkroom will be the size of a postage stamp

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.

Tags
film drying, processed film
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies