Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th February 2021, 08:16 PM
Friend

Default Fuji 6x6/6x7 RF folder.

Just acquired a Fuji RF medium format. It is of course pre-owned but in excellent condition. I remember when Fuji first launched this particular camera. It intrigued me because it was adjustable for either 6x6 or 6x7 format and it was pocketable size. Found mine offered by a large dealer of pre-owned equipment in the states. The camera has aperture priority along with manual metering. Built in light meter, a viewfinder that’s magnificent, bright focusing patch and a Fujinon 80 f3.5 lens. This lens has been described as incredibly sharp by many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 13th February 2021, 08:46 AM
Friend

Hi Dude(!) I take it you mean one of these?

https://www.japancamerahunter.com/20...der-bessa-iii/

I have the Voigtlander version. It really is a lovely camera to use. Light enough to carry all day without noticing it. Superb viewfinder. As a folder, I tend not to carry the case with me. If the weather is poor I close it and carry it under my jacket. The auto-exposure is very reliable. I only use black and white negative, and it always produces very well exposed negatives. I shoot 6x6 exclusively, but that's personal. I just don't like the blunt rectangle of 6x7. It does mean the camera feels a lot bigger than old 6x6 folders from the 50's, but it's beautifully made, and no old fashioned folder ever had a viewfinder as big and bright as this. As you focus closer you'll see the bright lines in the viewfinder adjust for parallax! The shutter is almost silent with no vibration. I've managed hand-held exposures down to 1/8 second. I've had mine 10 years now with no deterioration in the bellows, and the black finish looks like new.

Cautions: Carry a spare battery!! They don't seem to last as long as the batteries in my 35mm Minolta, and will fail suddenly and completely. There are no manual fall-back speeds. No battery, no photographs.
It's a folding camera, which means it is just not as tough as a non-folder. I had an episode where the arm which links focus and rangefinder slipped over the wrong side of the locating tab. Fixed myself with no harm done, but when not in use close the camera.

I think of it as the photographic equivalent of an Italian sports-car: Beautifully made and pleasure to own and use, but not the very last word in practicality. If I was going out to photograph in really harsh conditions I'd take my Mamiya C330 (the photographic equivalent of a Landrover Defender).

Enjoy your new camera!
Old 13th February 2021, 09:29 AM
Print Exchange Manager

I want one!!!!!!

Mike
Old 13th February 2021, 10:38 AM
Friend

looks really nice Fuji made some great cameras ,have fun.

www.essexcockney.com
Old 15th February 2021, 10:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Hi Dude(!) I take it you mean one of these?

https://www.japancamerahunter.com/20...der-bessa-iii/

I have the Voigtlander version. It really is a lovely camera to use. Light enough to carry all day without noticing it. Superb viewfinder. As a folder, I tend not to carry the case with me. If the weather is poor I close it and carry it under my jacket. The auto-exposure is very reliable. I only use black and white negative, and it always produces very well exposed negatives. I shoot 6x6 exclusively, but that's personal. I just don't like the blunt rectangle of 6x7. It does mean the camera feels a lot bigger than old 6x6 folders from the 50's, but it's beautifully made, and no old fashioned folder ever had a viewfinder as big and bright as this. As you focus closer you'll see the bright lines in the viewfinder adjust for parallax! The shutter is almost silent with no vibration. I've managed hand-held exposures down to 1/8 second. I've had mine 10 years now with no deterioration in the bellows, and the black finish looks like new.

Cautions: Carry a spare battery!! They don't seem to last as long as the batteries in my 35mm Minolta, and will fail suddenly and completely. There are no manual fall-back speeds. No battery, no photographs.

It's a folding camera, which means it is just not as tough as a non-folder. I had an episode where the arm which links focus and rangefinder slipped over the wrong side of the locating tab. Fixed myself with no harm done, but when not in use close the camera.

I think of it as the photographic equivalent of an Italian sports-car: Beautifully made and pleasure to own and use, but not the very last word in practicality. If I was going out to photograph in really harsh conditions I'd take my Mamiya C330 (the photographic equivalent of a Landrover Defender).

Enjoy your new camera!

Thanks for the info. My TLR is a Rolleiflex f3.5 with working meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies