Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th August 2020, 10:25 AM
Friend

Default Ilford 10% off all paper this Bank Holiday weekend nioender

I received a note from Ilford yesterday to the above effect but deleted it so unfortunately the exact date it ends I cannot remember. I imagine it will be midnight Monday but you will need to check

The strangest thing is that I thought I could check now by going to Ilford Photo but there is no mention of it I can find there.

Mike
Old 29th August 2020, 10:47 AM
Administrator

The detail is here

The problem is when you 'Shop Now' is says 'Find a Retailer" Is it just me or is Ilford's website just poor?
Old 29th August 2020, 11:19 AM
Friend

Thanks, Barry. Where on the website is this. When I logon the first thing I see is a picture of a lady called Sandy Phimester who looks as if she may have a splitting headache - serves her right for trying to find the 10% off announcement

On a more serious note the site has not got the best webmaster in my opinion. I attempted to logon with what I thought was my password last night and it took several failed attempts before Ilford said it recognised I was on their list and I needed to re-set my password. It then took abut 15 mins for the reset e-mail to come through whereas on Jeff the Billionaire's site where you can buy anything, everything is instant

The lesson seems to be: Keep it simple and the customers happy and they will build you a yacht that make Emilio Largo's look like a dinghy

Mike
Old 29th August 2020, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Mike, click on the 'Shop Now' button in the link above and see if you can find any mention of the discount?
Old 29th August 2020, 04:48 PM
Friend

You have to apply the discount code 'PAPER10' at checkout. I didn't see it on the site but it does mention it in the email.
Old 29th August 2020, 05:47 PM
Friend

Barry I already tried this and while it does take me to the range of Ilford products.There is a mention of "Find a Retailer" but this does seem to be an option if you want to use it. I suppose that unless Ilford wants to be seen as the retailers' out and out competitor it would have to mention retailers. I went through the ordering and even after it is in the basket I could find no mention of the 10% off. I had to sign in and then appeared to be on the point of paying with again no mention of a code to enter

It might just be that a code box only arises when you are literally on the point of paying but in case there was no easy way back from that point I never went there

Mike
Old 29th August 2020, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Ilford used to sell via Harman Direct, I am not sure if this is still running? I cannot see retailers honouring Ilford's discount?
Old 29th August 2020, 07:52 PM
Friend

I was going to made a paper order with ilford but just checked AG photographic paper prices ,and I would save 71p buying from ilford with there 10pc off , is it really worth it
Old 29th August 2020, 08:50 PM
Friend

Generally the Ilford discounts may occasionally undercut the retailers but on most occasions it is not by much as big paul has pointed out. If Ilford occasionally undercuts a few retailers it is only for a few days and not by much so probably doesn't upset them too much.

If I recall matters the only time I can think of when ilford did undercut retailers with one of their "weekend" offers was when it offered a discount and the customer ordered enough to get free shipping. Some retailer will offer free shipping but the minimum order they need is usually much higher

Mike
Old 30th August 2020, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
The detail is here

The problem is when you 'Shop Now' is says 'Find a Retailer" Is it just me or is Ilford's website just poor?
You have to select the options before it shows the "add to basket" button. I also think it does a geolocation check on your IP address to see if you are in the UK so if you are using a VPN etc it may get confused. Ad-blockers can also cause issues by blocking cookies...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies