Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Members Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th November 2012, 06:16 AM
Friend

Default New book collaboration.

Just received copies of my new book collaboration, "The Coast", with fellow photographers, Susan Brown, Paul Mitchell, Eva Worobiec and Tony Worobiec. I know I'm obviously biased but I am rather pleased with the result. 96 pages, full colour (and b+w), 5 different and unique interpretations of the English coast.

If anyone is interested in buying a copy (I do accept PayPal ) then please do PM me. The book cost is only £10 + £3 pp. Thank you

Cover photo, 'Clevedon Pier, Somerset' by Tony Worobiec.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Coast_1.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1645  
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 26th November 2012, 10:21 AM
Friend

You forgot to mention Trevor that both yours and my section are film originated images

Arena Photographers
Old 26th November 2012, 02:18 PM
Friend

Thank you Paul for the timely reminder
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 30th November 2012, 12:57 PM
Friend

Trevor, Paul,

I've just received a copy of "The Coast" from Trevor. Thankyou very much Trevor. All of the photographs are beautiful in inspiring. Thanks so much to you and your colleagues for producing it. I particularly like "Viking Bay, Broadstairs, Kent" and "Ravenscar, North Yorkshire". I was recently in Broadstairs. I shot some 35mm and digital. I remember feeling the "sad out of season" when I saw the Punch and Judy "box" all shut up, lying dormant until next summer.

Paul, your beautiful sunset shot at Ravenscar has really inspired me. I think I need to buy a pack of Velvia 50 for my 6x6 .
Old 30th November 2012, 01:35 PM
Friend

Thanks Adrian and glad you like the book. In fact the Ravenscar transparency was so intense that I even to tone it down a bit!

Paul

P.S. Best bit for me was being able to handle Trevor's original darkroom prints when I offered to scan them

Arena Photographers
Old 30th November 2012, 01:49 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My copy arrived an hour ago and first impressions are very good. There is a good variety of pictures and treatments. I look forward to looking at them more closely and reading the text, which gives the context of the photographs and which I find adds so much to them and for me is almost as important as the photograph itself.
Mike
Old 30th November 2012, 01:58 PM
Friend

Thank you Adrian and Mike, hope the books arrived in good order? Thank you both for your support and feedback always appreciated

Bless you Paul

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies