Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd January 2019, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default Upcoming Events

I would like to personally thank Bill for his continued hard work in keeping the 'Upcoming Events' updated. Bill has been doing this tirelessly for more years than I can remember.

THANK YOU BILL
Old 23rd January 2019, 01:23 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Thank You Barry. I will keep it going as long as there are film based exhibitions to see.

Bill
Old 23rd January 2019, 01:54 PM
Friend

Yes it is good work. Thanks Bill. It is just a pity that I seem to live in an exhibition desert. A lengthy day trip at the very least to almost any venue except the East Mids Monochrome Group(EMMG) exhibition which comes to the local library every year - not all analogue of course

Mike
Old 23rd January 2019, 07:23 PM
Friend

Well done Bill, you are doing a great job and all your hard work is greatly appreciated - thank you very much.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 23rd January 2019, 07:41 PM
longhouselife

I received this today in my email. It comes via Lightbox Darkroom https://lightbox.photo/?utm_source=N...70461-70729435, Liverpool

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exhibition opening invite

Dan King
Twentieth Century Modern: Places of Worship
6.30pm – 8.00pm, Thursday 7th February 2019
Ropes & Twines, Bold Street, Liverpool L1 4HR.
We'd love you to join us at Ropes & Twines for Dan King's exhibition opening at the time and date above. There'll be wine and a chance to browse a selection of Dan's photographic work.

About the exhibition

Aspects of mid-20th century architecture are not favoured by the public. Due to dwindling attendances and the resulting lack of funding, modern churches have become some of the most vulnerable buildings in the country, which can result in radical redevelopment or demolition.

Twentieth Century Modern: Places of Worship highlights the broad diversity and common themes across the architecture commissioned by various denominations throughout the latter part of last century. The collection provides a photographic record of some of these buildings before they are altered or lost forever.

The exhibition will display 18 of the church photographs. A booklet of all 40 images will also be available to purchase for £10.
Old 24th January 2019, 01:21 PM
Friend

As one who doesn't know about 'Upcoming events' and can't seem to find a link to it, where should one look?

Many thanks as always,

Terry S
Old 24th January 2019, 01:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhouselife View Post
I received this today in my email. It comes via Lightbox Darkroom https://lightbox.photo/?utm_source=N...70461-70729435, Liverpool
How lucky you are to have these facilities. The closest we have locally is a small darkroom for hire in a community space, with little in the way of workshops. For some reason it all isn't so popular this neck of the woods.

Terry S
Old 24th January 2019, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
As one who doesn't know about 'Upcoming events' and can't seem to find a link to it, where should one look?

Many thanks as always,

Terry S
On the main forum page look in the section under Latest gallery Pictures.
Old 24th January 2019, 02:09 PM
longhouselife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
How lucky you are to have these facilities. The closest we have locally is a small darkroom for hire in a community space, with little in the way of workshops. For some reason it all isn't so popular this neck of the woods.

Terry S
Oh I'm not so lucky... I live in an off-grid village in the NW of Scotland. About as far from 'civilisation' as you can get...
Old 24th January 2019, 05:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhouselife View Post
Oh I'm not so lucky... I live in an off-grid village in the NW of Scotland. About as far from 'civilisation' as you can get...
Ah, okay. I thought that when you mentioned Liverpool, that was where you lived!

Surely there must be some upsides to living where you do?

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies