Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th March 2009, 03:42 PM
Friend

Default E6 Processing for 4x5

I know - it's despicable that I need to ask such a question but I have been use to E6 processing being done on site in the past and now I am at loose end when it come to 4x5 processing.

So here is a couple of questions.

Can anyone recommend anywhere for 4x5 E6 processing by post that doesn't cost the earth.

Secondly, and this is a belter! In the past I exposed 4x5's then stood up, walked across to the lab and handed my dark slides to Brian. An hour later I would walk down the corridor to the lab again and collect the 4x5 trannies and return the dark slides to the film room.

The question is this! If I was to send of 4x5's for E6 process what do I send the exposed film in? I assume you don't send the whole dark slide with exposed film there in.

Sounds bad doesn't it - but I haven't the patients or the money for processing E6 now and again by myself.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:03 AM
Friend

I've used Peak Imaging in the past and had no problems, I think their prices are fairly average aswell.

Keep and eye on Fujilabs, they were selling boxes of just out of date Velvia 50 for £5 a while ago. http://www.fujilab.co.uk/
Old 8th March 2009, 10:27 AM
Friend

I second Peak Imaging, am just about to send 25 sheets of 4x5 to them in fact.

I normally take the exposed film out of the darkslide and pop them into a spare 3 part film box. If you don't have any either ask Peak for some spares or ask on the UK LF forum.

Arena Photographers
Old 8th March 2009, 10:27 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by outremer View Post
The question is this! If I was to send of 4x5's for E6 process what do I send the exposed film in? I assume you don't send the whole dark slide with exposed film there in.
used 4x5 film boxes
Old 8th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Friend

Obvious now that that it's been said. Use a box!
Old 8th March 2009, 12:23 PM
Friend

Paul - Ring Esler Crawford (Lisburn road below the "new" City Hospital entrance). I took my EPP 5x4s to him and got them back on a next-day service; so no need to unload. He ran a daily E6 line in 2007.

Since coming out here, I find it a bore to drive into Belfast even once, let alone on two successive days. I have sent stuff to The Darkroom UK in Cheltenham and have had clean and accurate results from them. They're at www.the-darkroom.co.uk and you send them a cheque in advance (add 50p if you want your box back). They charge £2.50 per sheet and postage is free both ways. They appear to be accredited by both Kodak and Fuji.

Ring me at 92652234 if I can be of any help.

Michael
Old 8th March 2009, 12:35 PM
Friend

Cheers again Michael.

I was aware Esler Crawford was still doing E6 but like yourself it can be a hassle back and forward all the time.

Took a look at The Darkroom UK in Cheltenham. If your happy with the results I may just give them a go - the price looks right which for me is the main thing.

You are obviously going to be a very useful man to know.
I'll give you a ring sometime soon and pick your brains a little more.

All the best

Paul
Old 9th March 2009, 09:52 PM
Friend

I can second The Darkroom, they give excellent service and also do push/pull processing at no extra cost. I am fairly certain that they develop David Ward's trannys.

David Whistance
Old 10th March 2009, 09:40 AM
Friend

Have just been on a L&L LF workshop with David Ward and Joe Cornish and have taken David's advice and sent 24 sheets off to the Darkroom. They were very helpful and have agreed to send them back via Special Delivery (at cost).

Arena Photographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies