Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th April 2021, 06:44 PM
Friend

Default Ilford Galerie will be gone?

Hi,

I've ordered 2x boxes of Galerie from Process Supplies. They've called me this morning saying that it'll be a few weeks before it will be available and they've told me, that it sounds like Harman is fazing out this paper from the market.

I don't know why? Possibly little interest on the market? Do you still use graded paper? I love using it, but indeed, Ilford Classic FB gives VERY good results - I barely can see difference comparing to Galerie.
Old 12th April 2021, 07:02 PM
Friend

Galerie is a great paper, one of my favourites. It would be good to know what Harman's plans for the paper are.
Old 13th April 2021, 07:23 AM
Friend

Default Gallerie

The E Mail states it will be a while before it is available again. It does not say it is discontinued. It is well known that some products are made in batches and are not continuously in production.

As far as I am aware Gallerie is not top of the sellers in Ilford's Portfolio so this may be one of those and the production line has been cleared for something else - or indeed maintenance of the equipment. If it had been discontinued this would have been announced, not left to just fade away.

Think of glass half full not half empty!
Old 13th April 2021, 07:17 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post

Think of glass half full not half empty!

Indeed is half full ;-) I love this paper for how it works with selenium and it gives actually all colours (mid-tones) perfectly nice. I keep purchasing it and keep using it on regular basis.
Old 15th April 2021, 12:57 PM
Friend

Galerie is a wonderful paper - but has slightly different characteristics to most others.

It has both a very soft (rounded) toe and shoulder - meaning the shadows and highlights will look quite different to other papers.

I haven't tried it against the latest iteration of Classic FB but against the previous version - disregarding the print tone/colour - it looked subtly different particularly in the shadows.

Martin
Old 18th May 2021, 08:25 PM
Friend

So Guys, that's official.... Galerie will be gone for good.

I spoke this morning with Process Supplies and they've told me that they received official information that Ilford is ending that paper for good. Last batch will be manufactured in the end of this month and that's it! Glass is nearly empty folks.

Last chance to order it and now we're done. What a shame.... This has been the best paper ever and now will be gone despite B&W photography market is prospering better and better.

Agh....
Old 1st June 2021, 10:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlawekD View Post
So Guys, that's official.... Galerie will be gone for good.

I spoke this morning with Process Supplies and they've told me that they received official information that Ilford is ending that paper for good. Last batch will be manufactured in the end of this month and that's it! Glass is nearly empty folks.

Last chance to order it and now we're done. What a shame.... This has been the best paper ever and now will be gone despite B&W photography market is prospering better and better.

Agh....
Thanks for posting this. Harman could do with better customer relations / communication as they did in the past.

Tags
ilfor galerie, ilford classic fb
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies