Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th September 2020, 03:13 PM
Friend

Richard,
It seems your Minolta is able to compensate for the higher voltage in a linear way by adjusting the ISO. Lucky you . I had a chat a while back with a camera repair guy who said some meters don't react in a linear way at varying EVs, so simply adjusting the ISO value doesn't work out well for certain models with pretty significant errors at either high or low EVs (I can't recall which). Worth testing for anyone who tries this. FYI, I use a stack of button cells in my Rollei 35SE in place of the mercury PX27 and the meter reacts linearly to the slightly higher (+0.4V) voltage.

Last edited by Svend; 11th September 2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11th September 2020, 03:51 PM
Friend

Well it works for my minolta's, and according to my repair man 90% of cameras can be adjusted in this way, so always worth a try, the other way is to use cheap hearing aid zinc air hearing aid battery's, which can work very well with something like a O ring or sometimes a metal ring of some sort is needed to center the battery's in place, also it again sometimes pays to cover up some of the air hooles in the batterys, there are lots of easy and practical ways around the mercury battery problem, apart from getting your repair man to adjust the camera's to accept the increased voltage
Richard
Old 12th September 2020, 08:39 AM
New User

I have a 35LED and ended up purchasing a red filter from a seller in Germany, off the German eBay site, as it was not listed on the Australian site. He had several B&H filters but no red, so I sent a message drectly - done and dusted in a day and absolutely perfect. Search for user: schnecke-online

Stay well away from the Hoya versions - they don't fit as the thread is too short.
Old 1st November 2020, 04:43 PM
Friend

I have just made two of the battery adaptors described in the link that I put up here earlier on.
Although not as pretty as the ones shewn in the article, they work fine.
On page 5 at the top is a note.
It tells you to test the adaptor and battery with a 10k.ohm resistor as a test load. This will then give the correct reading on the multi meter as 1.35 volts.
I had the resistor in series with the meter and adaptor at first but this gives a duff reading.
The test resistor needs to go across the meter leads, then the meter leads are applied to the adaptor and battery and the correct reading will be gained.
Had me puzzled for a bit.
Hope this makes sense to anyone trying to make one.

Cheers from Nat.
Old 21st October 2021, 04:59 PM
Friend

There must be other people like me who have original Rollei 35 filters. Cute little things they are in their plastic cases (and I have the cardboard boxes too). I'm not parting with mine (except maybe the orange, which I never use), but I suspect finding originals is still easier than finding new ones in that unusual size.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies