Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th January 2022, 10:46 PM
Friend

Hi Terry. IR400 in 5x4 is very thin compared to (for example) HP5. I think I had some handling problems, and at that time my 'darkroom' leaked worse than the Titanic. I suffered a lot of fogging. In the end I think I binned the last few sheets out of frustration. Maris who posts here has done some simply exquisite large format IR work, so I'm tempted to try again. However, I now wonder if my bellows are transparent to IR? Before spending 50 quid on another box of film I will have to test. Thinking of clipping a couple of inches from a roll of 120 (got one left) placing it inside the camera with one end wrapped in foil. Then I'd put it outside in the sun with lens capped and film holder in place for 10 minutes. Once developed any IR leak should show as different density on the film.

Delta 3200 is astoundingly fine, at least in 120. I'll try and scan a print with a lot of even tones to demonstrate. This image is so fussy it helps hide the grain.

Alan- a prize? There's an idea. FADU quite a laid back place. Perhaps a competition might be just the thing to bring out our competitive killer instincts. I'll do some scheming.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies