Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd July 2022, 07:42 PM
Friend

Welcome to FADU, Keith!

MonoArt - fine photographs
Old 23rd July 2022, 08:57 PM
Friend

Carbon Transfer is my most wanted process, but first I want to start with less problematic themes.

Yes, Keith, I have always bought most of my developers from Mr. Moersch and so i did with the Bromoil developer as a beginner.

Next I have to figure out if fresh Fomabrom is suitable for the process and as a good starting point to me.
I have half a roll of older and slightly fogged Fomabrom in the freezer, but that's my favourite paper for Lith Redevelopment:-)

Later I want to coat my paper with ready-to-use glob from Foma, and after some success I want to sensitize pure technical gelatine by myself.

Good papers seem to be german Zerkall copperprint papers which I have learned from Emil Schildt.

Unfortunately I love to be such an in-camera typus instead of using the advantages of the digital negative process, but fortunately my 12x16" camera will create large enough negatives.
If not, a 60x70cm bellows is already lurking in a corner of my home, waiting for a selfmade camera body.

Last edited by Reginald S; 23rd July 2022 at 09:05 PM.
Old 24th July 2022, 07:47 AM
Friend

Thank you for your welcome, Frank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
I started out lately with Anthotypes, which are very nice. I will continue once I got to terms with making suitable negatives.
An interesting technique and one which offers a wide range of study and experimentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Most likely with paper negatives. I certainly want to have the process all analogue without making digital negatives.
I looked into paper negatives, mainly from reading Peter Mrhar, but found that I could not produce one with sufficient density to block the UV with chrysotypes. Then again I might well have missed something in the production of them.
Old 24th July 2022, 07:55 AM
Friend

Welcome Keith.

www.davidlingham.uk
Old 24th July 2022, 08:02 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald S View Post
Next I have to figure out if fresh Fomabrom is suitable for the process and as a good starting point to me.
I have half a roll of older and slightly fogged Fomabrom in the freezer, but that's my favourite paper for Lith Redevelopment:-)
Whilst not specifically mentioning Fomabrom this link might be of use to you: https://www.alternativephotography.c...omoil-process/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald S View Post
Unfortunately I love to be such an in-camera typus instead of using the advantages of the digital negative process, but fortunately my 12x16" camera will create large enough negatives.
If not, a 60x70cm bellows is already lurking in a corner of my home, waiting for a selfmade camera body.
A view which, I am sure, we all fully endorse on this board. As already mentioned to Frank, in a previous reply, I did look into paper negatives but could never get enough density to block the UV for chrysotypes. I am not claiming that it cannot be done, just that I could not achieve it.

You obvioulsy work with some very big negatives!
Old 24th July 2022, 08:09 AM
Friend

Hello Folker and David Lingham and thank you for your welcomes.

Both of you have very impressive websites and it looks like you use the same host. Something for me to look into.
Old 24th July 2022, 11:42 AM
Friend

Welcome to the forum Keith.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies