Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Business Matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th October 2009, 06:47 AM
Friend

Default Earning a crust

Far be it from me to discourage anyone from earning a crust, or two during these difficult times; also I don't generally believe that we should draw attention to auction sites, since we are all capable of searching those ourselves. However, I thought I should highlight an example that demonstrates the good value our advertisers offer us, and leave you to decide from whom you will buy.

eBay seller

FADU Advertiser

Last edited by Dave miller; 19th October 2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 19th October 2009, 08:03 AM
Friend

Ye Gods!!!
Old 19th October 2009, 08:57 AM
Friend

Yes ... I stumbled across this a while back. I just had to message them about the prices (check out some of the other items !!) but no reply.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:26 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill spears View Post
Yes ... I stumbled across this a while back. I just had to message them about the prices (check out some of the other items !!) but no reply.
Their prices are their affair, but it's interesting that they seem to sell at that level; or do they?
Old 19th October 2009, 09:48 AM
Friend

If they are selling at that level then I'm not going into work today to clean windows ... I'm off into town to buy up all the stock at at my local photo dealer (and yes they do sell alot of darkroom supplies) and then get it all listed !!
Old 19th October 2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

It's impossible to tell if they sell well as all the sales are "private" (one reason, apart from the the prices, that I would never use this seller - call me suspicious if you will, but...).

If people are buying then best of luck to him, but I'll stick to suppliers I know will provide reasonable price and a good service.
Old 19th October 2009, 01:28 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It's impossible to tell if they sell well as all the sales are "private" (one reason, apart from the the prices, that I would never use this seller - call me suspicious if you will, but...).

If people are buying then best of luck to him, but I'll stick to suppliers I know will provide reasonable price and a good service.
The feed-back facility will provide an indication of sales over the last 3 months.
Old 19th October 2009, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Not really - as they are "private", *what* was sold is not shown...

There is typically only one sale every two or three days but no indication of how much each sale bought in - not a lot I suspect.

Still, as I say, best of luck to him if people want to pay - the more peeps using chemicals the better .
Old 19th October 2009, 07:44 PM
Friend

I had also seen this and used it as an example of how Martin could blow it out of the water if Silverprint were to advertsie on e-bay but ot course the econs of e-bay powerselling may not add up for Silverprint. Anyway this seller's pricing strategy is crazy. Even allowing for the rule that says some of the market will pay whatever is asked, I cannot understand how it gets enough business to stay in business. The price gap is just so immense and it isn't on just a few items it seems to be everything.

It has re-advertised a BIN price for a bulk loader several times at almost £80. It looks like a Jessops or Bobinquick(?) type. Needless to say it hasn't sold.

It sells Champion chemicals as well but at several times the price of Firstcall.

I can see the opposite outcome to the one expressed by Bob. My concern is if some analogue people think that these are the going rate prices for their hobby then some will jump ship and go to you know what.

If I had to pay these prices I'd be tempted to jump myself

Mike
Old 5th August 2016, 10:10 AM
foulkner

A WordPress module business are Learn WordPress plugins , promoting techniques and make easy revenue with WP plugins.,,,,,,,,,,,
WP IVR Plugin| IVR Plugin | IVR For Sale| Nimble Messaging
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies