Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th January 2019, 03:45 PM
Friend

Good luck John. Hope you find one.
Old 6th February 2019, 01:46 PM
Friend

I have got one! The classic dealer Peter Loy had one just in and all for £9 incl post, less than expected sum. It wasn't as prestine as the case of camera, but it is not worn or frayed.

I am just about to process my 2nd film and then my 3rd afterwards. Having run out of D76 I will be trying Microphen - A 1st for me, never used it before.
Old 6th February 2019, 02:02 PM
Friend

Excellent! Great to hear John. You got lucky, I think. Autocords are a rare bird, at least in these parts. I'm having a hard enough time finding bay I fittings (filters, hood). Finding a strap must be even harder.

Let us know how you get on with the Microphen. I have some on deck that I will be trying soon, using Ian's ID-68 replenisher formula to keep it going. I'd love to hear your impressions.
Old 6th February 2019, 05:32 PM
Friend

Default Microphen

Yes I got on quite well. Microphen does seem to be very much the same as ID11/D76, but it seems quite sensitive to small temperature differences. The films were processed 1 to 1 dilution for 10 mins in a JOBO rotary processor (Without the processor they ask for 10 mins)

The 1st roll was done at exactly 20c after a 10 min dry tank warming in the processor and the negs are really nice and will print easily on Gd. 2. multigrade.

The 2nd roll, processed exactly the same way but 1 degree more and the contrast increase was noticable. Not over the top but I will probably have to use Gd. 1.5 multigrade

Yes I have noticed that Ser1 Rollie filters are becoming rare and I was lucky to find a yellow green at a reasonable price. If an orange came my way I wouldn't turn it down, but I don't use anything stronger.
Old 6th February 2019, 05:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvendN View Post
Excellent! Great to hear John. You got lucky, I think. Autocords are a rare bird, at least in these parts. I'm having a hard enough time finding bay I fittings (filters, hood). Finding a strap must be even harder.

Let us know how you get on with the Microphen. I have some on deck that I will be trying soon, using Ian's ID-68 replenisher formula to keep it going. I'd love to hear your impressions.
Hi Svend, B1 fittings should not be a problem, they were the most used size on most Rolleiflex's,rolleicord's and pretty much every japenese tlr made, both of my R/Flex's,my 2 Rolleicords and my 2 microcords, which is great as 1 set pf filters,lens hood and my set of Rolleinor's all fit ever Tlr so Icertainly they are the easiest and cheapest of the RB fitting to find,
Richard
Old 6th February 2019, 05:55 PM
Friend

John, sounds good on the Microphen. I am anxious to give it a go soon. Good tip on the temp. variation - thanks.

As for Bay I fittings, I am thinking of doing a work-around and getting a Heliopan bay I to 30.5mm adaptor (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._Ring_Bay.html). I have a couple of 30.5mm filters for my Rollei 35SE, and a lens hood, so this would allow me to use them all with the Autocord.
Old 6th February 2019, 06:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Hi Svend, B1 fittings should not be a problem, they were the most used size on most Rolleiflex's,rolleicord's and pretty much every japenese tlr made, both of my R/Flex's,my 2 Rolleicords and my 2 microcords, which is great as 1 set pf filters,lens hood and my set of Rolleinor's all fit ever Tlr so Icertainly they are the easiest and cheapest of the RB fitting to find,
Richard
Richard, I think this must be a local supply shortage then. I have looked at photo fairs and the online classifieds here, and there is almost nothing available in Bay I. Lots of Japanese TLRs and Rolleicords, a few with accessories, but the owners are selling them all together and don't want to split. Separate bits are almost impossible to find, or stupid-expensive (a $50 Yashica lens hood? no thanks).
Old 6th February 2019, 07:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvendN View Post
Richard, I think this must be a local supply shortage then. I have looked at photo fairs and the online classifieds here, and there is almost nothing available in Bay I. Lots of Japanese TLRs and Rolleicords, a few with accessories, but the owners are selling them all together and don't want to split. Separate bits are almost impossible to find, or stupid-expensive (a $50 Yashica lens hood? no thanks).
That is expensive, must be a local shortage, over here the average price is around £10, in fact a while ago I bought, as a package from a local deaer, a couple of Rollei lens hoods, a MPP (the makers of Microcord Tlr's) orange filter and a Rollei Rollei filter all B1 for £25,this from a local repair guy who sells some cameras and odds and ends , I bought a set of 3 Rolleinar close up lenses, Rollei B1 fo £40, pretty much mint, cased, and one set fits all of my 6 Tlr's in fact one dealer, in London, has complete sets of B1 Rollei filters, these are 6 to 10 filters cased, for around £40, they are MW classic cameras, so over here B1 are fairly cheap and easy to get
Richard
Old 6th February 2019, 08:03 PM
Friend

Richard, I will bring a shopping list if I ever make it to the UK . I expect it might be a long one...
Old 6th February 2019, 09:15 PM
Friend

Default Results from the Autocord

I have learned two things from using the camera, The start marks where you wind the film onto before closing the back are not very accurate. The 1st film resulted in about 1/8th of an inch being clipped off the edge of the 1st frame. Winding on about 1/4" more makes it better.

The lens is prone to flare if a shot is taken into direct sunlight so a hood would be better. I have one so why didn't I use it.... Doooh

The 1st picture shows the flare as above. The top 1/4" was quite bad. The last picture was a lucky shot because that road leads up to the Cathedral and is nearly always packed with people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen Footpath along the River Wear.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	3054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown Building below the Cathederal, Durham..jpg
Views:	332
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	3055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Elvet Bridge, Durham.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	3056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Owengate, Durham.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	3057  

Last edited by John King; 6th February 2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Add Images
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies