Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
...another book for the price of the postage - Larry Bartlett's Black&White Photographic Printing Workshop.

Mike
Hi Mike,

having just looked up the book by Larry Bartlett, I immediately recognised the cover but it seems to be one missing from my photographic collection.

I have checked and it is available very cheaply on Amazon second-hand. If Sarah P doesn't want the book, may I instead pay the postage for it from you please? I would rather keep it in the family so to speak and buy from a forum member rather than someone I don't know at all. Bit strange maybe, but...

Terry S
Old 27th January 2013, 10:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
and offer of another book for the price of the postage - Larry Bartlett's Black&White Photographic Printing Workshop.
This book has numerous examples of how to get from the negative to the expressive and atmospheric print by a newspaper D/R printer who brought out the best in negatives maybe not taken under the most ideal of conditions.
Thanks Mike -The less than ideal conditions really sounded of interest to me, however as everyone haas been so kind already, Terry you have it. It seems a fair excahnge for the info on pdfs you posted! I'll get one of the second hand ones off Amazon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
I have a spare copyof Tim Rudman's "The Photographers Master Printing Course" . Just send me a PM with your address.
Tony
Cheers Tony. I'll PM you my address so you can send a postage quote - I've just had a look on Amazon and it gets great reviews and the reference tables on testing safelights etc look really good for a beginner.

Sarah
Old 28th January 2013, 09:51 AM
Friend

Wow, thanks Sarah! And you are welcome from me (and others I'm sure) for putting up all of the information.

This is what this and other forums should be all about!

Happy reading.

PM on it's way with my address then Mike.

Terry S
Old 28th January 2013, 10:39 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Indeed, this is what FADU is all about and why I value it since, as I have said in my PM to Terry S, film&darkroom users have become relatively thin on the ground and dispersed.

I actually attended a workshop given by Larry Bartlett in Manchester not long before his death and what REALLY impressed me was the way he put his hands quickly in the enlarger's lightpath in the most incredible shapes that EXACTLY matched the shape and position he wanted to dodge/burn!

With Tim Rudman's book and Larry Bartlett's book you get a real target to work toward on the learning curve which I could have done with when I started in a different age.
Best Wishes, but above all enjoy it.
Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies