Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th January 2020, 05:14 PM
Friend

Welcome

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 8th January 2020, 07:02 PM
Friend

thank you everyone for the warm welcome
Old 19th January 2020, 01:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
i want to move towards 6x12 and also widelux (panoramic)ratios but sourcing uk based sellers is like a golden ticket.
Hi Soulstar,

yes you will find it hard to find a UK seller of panoramic cameras, although there is the Lomography site, but I think that their goods are very overpriced in my opinion.

Myself and others on various sites, have all purchased cameras from Russia, with no problems. Their prices are about half of the above sites, even when including p/p etc. The cameras are excellent and the service and communications are great.

It's worth checking out ebay.co.uk for 'Horizon s3 pro' cameras, which use standard 35mm film, but give you elongated views and negatives. Currently there are two sellers in Russia, both with 100% ratings, selling these cameras. Cameras from them come in at about £111.00, having just looked, with the other site quoting nearly £300.00 for similar cameras - but they are from a UK seller, if that bothers you and you're willing to pay (quite!) a bit more. But as said, myself and others have found the ebay sellers to be well worth considering.

I'm still trying out my camera and am enjoying the new experience. Also, as you mention that you are looking at getting an enlarger soon, get one that does at least 6 x 6, for I made a cardboard negative mask to use in my 6 x 6 enlarger, to hold the panoramic negatives, as they are just a few millimetres smaller than this, so enlarging the negatives is no problem for me.

I'm sure you will enjoy this camera if you get one, but the choice though, as always, is yours.

Terry S
Old 19th January 2020, 02:06 PM
Friend

A warm welcome from the Northlands
Old 19th January 2020, 04:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Hi Soulstar,

yes you will find it hard to find a UK seller of panoramic cameras, although there is the Lomography site, but I think that their goods are very overpriced in my opinion.

Myself and others on various sites, have all purchased cameras from Russia, with no problems. Their prices are about half of the above sites, even when including p/p etc. The cameras are excellent and the service and communications are great.

It's worth checking out ebay.co.uk for 'Horizon s3 pro' cameras, which use standard 35mm film, but give you elongated views and negatives. Currently there are two sellers in Russia, both with 100% ratings, selling these cameras. Cameras from them come in at about £111.00, having just looked, with the other site quoting nearly £300.00 for similar cameras - but they are from a UK seller, if that bothers you and you're willing to pay (quite!) a bit more. But as said, myself and others have found the ebay sellers to be well worth considering.

I'm still trying out my camera and am enjoying the new experience. Also, as you mention that you are looking at getting an enlarger soon, get one that does at least 6 x 6, for I made a cardboard negative mask to use in my 6 x 6 enlarger, to hold the panoramic negatives, as they are just a few millimetres smaller than this, so enlarging the negatives is no problem for me.

I'm sure you will enjoy this camera if you get one, but the choice though, as always, is yours.

Terry S

hi terry thanks for the advise.

I have seen a Russian seller on ebay. I was very much confused due to the drastic price different. Now knowing members on here have bought from them i shall look into it.

I have heard that the horizon 202 has a better lens than the s3 pro at F11-f16. have you any experience in this?

I was recently looking at a lpl pro 7700 as i shot 6x7 but i found out that a 90mm lens is rather more expensive than a 100mm or 105mm. i definitely need to consider how i will printing. 6x12 negative would have to use a 4x5 enlarger
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies