Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th January 2011, 02:04 PM
Friend

Default New London Photography Gallery

Chris Beetle Fine Art have recently opened a new London gallery in swallow Street, nr. Piccadilly.

http://www.chrisbeetlesfinephotographs.com/
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 27th January 2011, 03:08 PM
Friend

Thanks for the link Trevor. They have some great photographs . I really liked some of the Edwin Smith landscapes, and was blown away by the Edward Weston abstracts. Would love to see the actual prints.

Alan
Old 27th January 2011, 04:49 PM
Friend

I visited their main gallery last year to see the Weston show and was extremely impressed by their committment to fine photography. This new gallery dedicated entirely to photographs is great news.

Through my long association with the work of Edwin Smith I was honoured to be referenced in their excellent booklet about him - quite reasonable reproductions of many of his photographs and well worth the £10 asking price (and no, I don't get commission!).

The similarly priced booklet on Weston that they published is another worth having.
Old 27th January 2011, 05:11 PM
Friend

Thanks for the link.
Wish I could afford one of the photographs!

MonoArt - fine photographs
Old 27th January 2011, 05:59 PM
Friend

It is a great commitment on their part and should indeed be applauded for this venture.

Like Roy I too went along to see the Edward Weston photographs printed by his son Cole. I also purchased the exhibition catalogue and a Bill Brandt catalogue and I can only say for £10 each they offer excellent value for money - the reproductions are first class, in fact they put many photographic books to shame.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 28th January 2011, 12:48 PM
Friend

Thanks for the link Trevor - should come with a health warning nearly choked on my lunch when I saw the Weston landscapes - stunning.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 28th January 2011, 07:39 PM
Friend

Trevor, thanks for the link to this very useful reference site. Check out the price for a Eugene Atget print at 8.75 X 7 inches. As I once overheard a woman say at a private view “and darling they’re so affordable.”
Old 28th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
Trevor, thanks for the link to this very useful reference site. Check out the price for a Eugene Atget print at 8.75 X 7 inches. As I once overheard a woman say at a private view “and darling they’re so affordable.”
Well they probably are; if you never buy anything else.
Old 1st March 2011, 11:04 AM
Friend

Visited this gallery yesterday with Stoo to see their Eve Arnold exhibition, very good and the gallery is a nice space.
J.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies