Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 26th October 2011, 08:29 PM
Friend

Default art and aesthetics

Re the closure of my thread on the Guardian double page spread. I fail to see how FADU can justify a thread related to art and aesthetics and exclude other art mediums from discussion. It is a bit like Nazi art, only approved by Adolf Hitler. I make Van Dyke prints using ink and graphite. Are these mediums OK for discussion?
Old 27th October 2011, 07:31 AM
Friend

This forum is here to promote the use of film capture and darkroom printing, I think the discussion of digitally produced, photoshop manipulated, newspaper images fall a little way outside of remit; hence the closure of your earlier thread. I'm sure that there must be more appropriate forum for the discussion of this sort of art.
Since your new post is moving into the area of a political and offensive rant you will, I hope, forgive me for closing this one too.
As for what is or is not an appropriate subject I'm sure a few minutes spent reading our forum's rules together with the application of a little common sense should lead you to an answer.
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies