Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th September 2018, 05:21 PM
Friend

Default Recommended Pentax Servicing in UK

Hi,

I have a much loved (and much used) Pentax SV which needs a bit of attention: light seals need replacing, shutter trip a bit lazy sometimes and 1sec doesn't work, film counter doesn't count on any more, and its original 35mm f/3.5 lens has recently developed an intermittent aperture jamming problem. But apart from that it's still going strong after over 50 years of service (and I don't think it's ever been serviced since new!)

After this year's summer holiday, I thought I'd treat it to a good overhaul/service. So can anyone recommend somebody who can service my Pentax SV camera, preferably in the UK?

Thanks.
Old 18th September 2018, 08:47 PM
Friend

My Pentax LX is at this time in for a service and new mirror seals with Camserve, a firm in East Sussex, with a quote of £60 + VAT.
The firm are local to me and I have had work done in the past with no problems.
Hope this helps.
Peter
Old 18th September 2018, 10:36 PM
Friend

I have yet to use a camera repairer/ servicer but Newton and Ellis in Liverpool has a good reputation. I suspect and PeterS seems to have confirmed this that a service will not be cheap but you may have expected this anyway

Mike
Old 19th September 2018, 06:00 AM
Friend

I used Newton and Elis a couple of years back for repairs to my Canon F1N. They done great work and it is still going strong.

Tags
pentax, pentax sv, service
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies