Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th February 2011, 03:34 PM
Friend

Default LPL 7700 Mulitigrade head

I have just bought a LPL 7700 enlarger on e-bay for £87 with multigrade and colour heads to replace my Durst 605. All seems straightforward except there are two dials on the multigrade head marked 1 & 2, I believe 1 is for Kodak papers and 2 for Ilford. Does anyone know if this is correct?

PaulBJE

p.s Does anyone want a Durst 605 with timer, colour head,35mm and 6x6 mixing boxes, masks and Nikon 50mm lens?
Old 8th February 2011, 04:00 PM
Friend

Hi there!

I too use a LPL7700MX colour enlarger and YES your correct in your thinking that the 2 dials on a muligrade head are for either selecting Ilford or Kodak filtering. Sorry not sure which is which?

If no one provides the answer, prehaps contact firstcall photographic as their are the UK's importers/distributers for LPL.

This is a solid and terrific enlarger, I use 2 of them.

As a different note, just check out the lens board to make sure it's correct way round for which lens you use otherwise you won;t get the correct column height projection.

If you get stuck with it, I think I've got the original LPL7700MX instructions which must be very similar. The head type is the only difference.

Larry
http://www.creativevisionandsound.co.uk

Last edited by Larry; 8th February 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 8th February 2011, 04:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Hi there!

I too use a LPL7700MX colour enlarger and YES your correct in your thinking that the 2 dials on a muligrade head are for selecting eith Ilford or Kodak filtering. Not sure which is witch but it should be marked.

Otherwise this is a fine enlarger and you paid a good price for it.

Do you have the instructions for it?

As a tip just check out the lens board to make sure it's which way round it positioned as it needs the correct setting depending if you using 50mm or 80/105mm lenses.

Any other queries I'll try and give you further assistance.

http://www.creativevisionandsound.co.uk
Larry,
Thanks for the helpful reply. I don't have an instruction book, but I think I have figured it all out except for the 1 & 2 dials, which don't appear to be marked. I think I read somewhere that 2 is for Ilford so I will try that this evening! I fitted my 80mm lens and this works fine, but I will remember to turn the lens board for 35mm!

Regards,
Paul
Old 12th February 2011, 12:27 PM
Friend

I have been considering one of the LPL vcce heads. As far as I know number 1 is for Kodak values as it goes up to number 6 and number 2 is for Ilford values as it goes upto number 5.

Do the number 2 filters on your head go in 1/2 grade steps same as a set of Ilford filters do ?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies