Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd May 2013, 12:08 PM
Friend

Default F/S: Canham MQC 5x7 Metal Camera, MQC Bag Bellow & Genuine Canham/Linhof insert in UK

I bought a Canham MQC 5x7 outfit from ebay as it included the 5x7 to 4x5 reducing back I have been looking for. As I do not need two 5x7 MQCs I am selling the newer of the two. It is in very good condition, not mint, anything that has seen some use is rarely mint, but this is very nice condition and fully operational. It is complete with the Canham focusing screen with built in Fresnel.

I will supply one Genuine Canham Lensboard (Copal 1) to get the new owner started with the camera.

There is also a very good condition Bag Bellows to fit and a Genuine Canham to Linhof Technika adapter also available either as accessories or as a complete outfit.

This was imported from the US into the UK and all VAT and Duty has been paid at a cost of £183 on top of the final ebay price and shipping so purchase within the EU will not incur any further costs.

As I am only looking to recoup the money I have laid out minus the value of the 4x5 back so am looking for £750 ($1200) (new $3170) for the Camera, £140 ($225) (new $400) for the Bag Bellows and £70 ($110) (new $161) for the Canham Adapter, the accessories will only be available separately after the camera has been sold and if they are not required by the purchaser of the Camera.

I am willing to sell all the items together as an Outfit for the sum of £875 ($1400) which coincidently is the amount I paid for my Canham MQC 5x7 Camera alone and this will give the new owner a great 5x7 Camera outfit at a very much reduced rate.

All prices are plus shipping and paypal fees if required, collection from Plymouth is not an issue if required.

Pictures to follow:
Old 23rd May 2013, 04:25 PM
Friend

Great price for a very nice camera! I would be jumping on it if I weren't in the market for an 8x10 thing... Good luck with the sale, Ed!
Old 24th May 2013, 12:39 PM
Friend

I am surprised this has not sold yet, but perhaps the photographs will help it along.

I have been over every aspect of this camera and except for 3 blemishes (marked in pink) there is only normal use marks. Everything works as it should and it and the accessories will give many years of service.

Basic Frame:

Frame with standard bellows at full extension (24 inches):

Camera at more normal extension:

Standard bellows at Minimum Extension:

Old 24th May 2013, 12:39 PM
Friend

Front of Camera with Genuine Canham - Linhof Technika Adapter fitted:

Technika Style Lensboard fitted into Canham Adapter:

Old 24th May 2013, 12:40 PM
Friend

Base of Camera showing defects in pink:

Bottom Side of Rear Standard showing ding in the Aluminium (circa 4mm) only cosmetic has no bearing on function:

Rear of camera showing included Ground Glass Protector:

Camera with Wide Bag Bellows fitted:

Old 26th May 2013, 03:18 PM
Friend

£25 drop to £750 with shipping included within the UK, Overseas at £725 plus actual shipping. (PayPal fees extra if required).
Old 26th May 2013, 08:39 PM
Friend

Ed have you tried putting it up for sale in the classifieds on this forum.

It's the UK large format forum and registration is free.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th May 2013, 06:28 AM
Friend

Hi Marty,

I (and at least 2 others I am aware of) have been waiting to be accepted as members for well in excess of a year after registering, this despite many emails to the admin all of which has never received a reply.

I appreciate the suggestion though.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:24 AM
Friend

To sweeten the pot a bit more for any purchasers in the uk I will include some wooden 5x7 holders (users and a bit beat up) and one full box and one part box of Shanghai ISO 100 5x7 film (about 35 sheets or so). These are also available to overseas sales, but will take the shipping costs up by a fair amount.
Old 28th May 2013, 04:01 PM
Friend

Small nudge.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies