Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th October 2016, 06:53 AM
Friend

Default UK Print competitions

Does anybody in the UK know of any print competitions, ones that require a mounted print? Not ones that need images scanned in to some sort of digital media or uploaded.

The only ones I can think of are the RPS and Cotswold Monochrome.
Old 11th October 2016, 07:39 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouleur View Post
Does anybody in the UK know of any print competitions, ones that require a mounted print? Not ones that need images scanned in to some sort of digital media or uploaded.

The only ones I can think of are the RPS and Cotswold Monochrome.

The Cotswold is the only one I can think of as well. Sadly the norm now seems to be prints are no longer required and 'selection' is done by submitting a digital file of your hand crafted print. Madness !

Although I'm no longer a member of the RPS my understanding of how they now run their exhibitions / competitions is by initial digital file selection.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 13th October 2016, 05:06 PM
Friend

Black and white mag runs a comp that asks for digital for the selection process. Then if you make the short list the print.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:05 PM
Friend

Default Cotswold Monochrome.

This year Cotswold Mono also wanted a digital file for a silver print. I thought that went against the whole concept. No sure how entries were chosen, from file or the print.
Old 24th October 2016, 07:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymgandy View Post
This year Cotswold Mono also wanted a digital file for a silver print. I thought that went against the whole concept. No sure how entries were chosen, from file or the print.
They asked for a digital file to use in the catalogue not for selection, but it wasn't mandatory to supply a file. Tony Marlow may like to confirm that as he had several accepted, one of which was awarded a gold medal.

Prints are grouped for display by subject rather than their printing method and the standard of those displayed was high.

Consider entering your work next year, I'm sure that the organisers would love to have lots of chemical prints entered.
Old 25th October 2016, 12:39 PM
Friend

They did make it a rule that there had to be a digital file to allow an online entry. They actually sent me a digital file which I could then include with the online entry to make it valid. not a massive success, only 1 accepted but well done Tony, I am lucky enough to see his prints on a regular basis.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies