Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th September 2013, 04:40 PM
New User

Default Minolta Digital timer?

Hi, im new to this forum this is actually my first post. i was wondering if any of you guys know what this is used for, what circa it is, and how much you think it would be worth. i looked all over the internet and found nothing even searched serial numbers with no avail. thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2011.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1889  
Old 10th September 2013, 07:22 PM
Friend

Hi and welcome to FADU. It would be nice to be able to address you by a name. Are you new to film and darkroom? I ask this as you seem to have come across this equipment( bought?) without knowing anything about it.

It looks to be an early digital timer for print exposures. Have you got the rest of the equipment you need. A timer is important but might not be the first thing I'd get for a darkroom. Film developing might come first

Tell us a bit more about yourself and interest in things analogue. The more we know the better we can help

Mike
Old 10th September 2013, 07:39 PM
Friend

Welcome to FADU and analog photography.
I designed a timer like this in 1972, using 7-segment tungsten filament displays because LED displays were very expensive until later in the decade. The front-panel hardware on your timer doesn't look Japanese and I reckon it came from the US. What kind of socket(s) are on the back? Does it still work?
As Mike says, the enlarger is the central device, as are the dishes, safelight and darkness. Enlargers are often offered for free on this forum - no guarantee, of course, and you'll have to collect.
Old 10th September 2013, 08:30 PM
Friend

its quite smart looking, I would think about £20-£40 pounds ,if you are going to start D/P your own film and prints its something you are going to need ,good luck

www.essexcockney.com
Old 20th September 2013, 11:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
As Mike says, the enlarger is the central device, as are the dishes, safelight and darkness. Enlargers are often offered for free on this forum - no guarantee, of course, and you'll have to collect.
I can now offer a free Meopta Axomat 3 35mm enlarger, a Minolta 50mm El-Rokkor lens, a Meochrom 100watt colour head with transformer, a 10x8 paper safe, some 10x8 dishes, needing only a timer to complete the kit. If you're interested, send a PM.

Tags
darkroom, digital timer, minolta, timer
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies