Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th August 2020, 08:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
Keep that one on the shelf for display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to, it even survived a 4am group excursion to the beach at St Ives to draw huge circles on the sand, admittedly we were slightly inebriated at the time, surprisingly managed to get some good pics, I think instinct took over to set the camera up because my brain certainly wasn’t functioning at that point! 😆

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15th August 2020, 09:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonJane View Post
Caithness, I can see Stroma, Orkneys, from the new house!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes I can see that things might just be a little different up there. By the way, the Scots call Unst the far North. If you need help up there you just shout across the water in Norwegian

Mike
Old 18th August 2020, 02:53 PM
Administrator

With one side of the screw head missing, might it be possible to put a pair of pliers on the remaining side? But as this is a very small screw it may not be possible to get a decent grip on it - and of course you risk shearing off this side too . Assuming this just screws out (and it may not) the mechanic's way would be to drill the centre and put a reverse threaded tap on it and screw it out that way. But again - difficult with such a small screw... Would presumably need jewellery tools.

Last edited by Bob; 18th August 2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 18th August 2020, 05:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
With one side of the screw head missing, might it be possible to put a pair of pliers on the remaining side? But as this is a very small screw it may not be possible to get a decent grip on it - and of course you risk shearing off this side too . Assuming this just screws out (and it may not) the mechanic's way would be to drill the centre and put a reverse threaded tap on it and screw it out that way. But again - difficult with such a small screw... Would presumably need jewellery tools.

That was my thought, which is why it is now relegated to the display shelf, it really isn’t viable to repair, which is such a shame as it is immaculate otherwise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies