Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 1st August 2009, 12:18 PM
Friend

Default For Sale: medium/small format + darkroom gear

Those of you who know me will be aware that I'm a great advocate of eliminating distractions to allow one to concentrate on something and go deep.

But there's one area in which I haven't practiced what I preach: camera gear. In order to concentrate on large format and contact printing (and also to free up some space), I've decided to find new homes for all my small and medium format gear (except the MP which would be a step too far). That's about a dozen cameras, a bag full of lenses, my 6x6 enlarger, and various other bits and pieces.

So if you're interested in making me an offer for any of the following items then please do. All items are fully working unless otherwise stated. None of these are mint but I care for my gear so unless otherwise stated they are in good condition.

Cameras and lenses:

1) Rolleiflex 2.8 GX
+ metal folding lens cap

2) Hasselblad 501cm
+ Sonnar 4/150 T* lens with both caps and a UV filter
+ Planar 2.8/80 T* lens with both caps and a UV filter
+ Distagon 4/50 T* lens with both caps
+ Two 120 roll film backs
+ Polaroid back
+ CFV 16 MP digital back (with case, two batteries, charger, software CD, and 3 compact flash cards - 8GB, 8GB & 2GB)
+ 16mm extension ring (I'm sure I've got another, longer, extension ring kicking around somewhere but I can't find it at the moment)
+ spirit level
+ waist level finder
+ a Russian (Kiev?) prism finder with a meter that no longer works
(Most of these items have the original Hassie boxes)

3) Holga 120 CFN (red body with flash) - this is battered but works in a Holga kind of way

4) Original Diana - I've not actually used this but it looks like it should work
+ original lens cap, plastic strap, brown cardboard box and manual

5) Another original Diana which I have used but lacks the extras of the other

6) Modern Diana+ with flash adapter - the lens is a little bit loose but it works and is light tight

7) Five Agfa Isollette's (two I, two II and one III) - these were bought for a repair project and they may or may not work

8) Pentax ME Super 35mm SLR with 50/1.7 lens - this has not been used in a few years but it worked when it was last used and the shutter sounds OK

While I'm at it, here are a couple of surplus large format items:

9) The frame of an old triple extension 12x10 that I bought to do up but never got around to (and probably won't in the foreseeable future). This is a complete strip down and rebuild project. I have the detached original bellows as a template and it comes with two glass plate holders which also need to be stripped down and rebuilt

10) A beautiful, fully working, double extension Marion 12x10 plate camera with new bellows and one glass plate holder. It also has a brass lens (not sure of focal length) with a pouch of waterhouse stops and a roller-shutter (which needs the fabric replaced). I really, really don't want to let this go but I have another one so it's really just a dust collector - which is a crime for such a camera. If you're interested in this then I could be persuaded to add a box of 12x10 HP5+ (at a price)

Film (all comfortably within date):

1) 20 rolls of 120 FP4+

2) 30 rolls of 120 Delta 100

3) 10 rolls of Delta 3200

Accessories:

1) Wista roll film back for a 5x4 camera

2) 1.5 x telefocus adapter for Rolleiflex (Bay 1 I think - it fits a T anyway)

3) Rolleiflex quick release plate

4) Gitzo aluminium tripod - I'm not sure of the model - it's a heavy, rock solid studio tripod which extends to about 1.5m

5) Benbo trekker tripod with bag - the original model I think

6) Manfrotto 410 geared head with two rectangular quick release plates

7) Quantum Turbo T5d-R portable flash with a 2x2 battery pack

8) An enormous Peli case which is about 20"x29"x18" (external dimensions). This has quite a lot, but not all, of the foam padding in it. The case is so big that you could hide a body in it (not that I recommend such a course of action, of course); it also makes a fetching table.

9) Various Lee filters all wrapped up in a nice ten filter zipped wallet. The filters are: 81 A, B and C; 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 ND G H; and 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 ND G S. They're a few years old and used, some have slight marks.

10) Lee filter hood bellows

Darkroom:

1) Kaiser VPM 6005 (6x6) enlarger with multigrade head, 1m column, 450mm baseboard, and masks for 6x6, 645 and 35mm negatives

2) Schneider 80mm enlarger lens

3) Rodenstock 50mm enlarger lens

4) Paterson tall focus finder

5) Paterson short focus finder

6) RRB two blade easel - scale goes up to 15"x13" (IMO this is a really nice easel)

7) LLP two blade easel - scale goes up to 17"x14"

8) A 16"x16" heat press - this was originally designed for putting logos onto t-shirts but it works great for flattening and dry mounting prints - it was my main press until I found a larger one

9) Wotan 50W red safelight

10) Durst red/orange/green safelight attached to a footswitch

11) Paterson 1 reel tank

12) Paterson 5 reel tank

13) Seven Paterson reels for 135/120 roll film

14) 16" FrameCo 'Mat Master' mat cutting thingy with 90 degree and 45 degree cutters

15) 60cm Maped cutting ruler with 90 degree and 45 degree cutters

16) X-Rite 341 portable densitometer with case, calibration film and manual (this is designed for rechargeable batteries but I replaced them with normal batteries so do not plug into a charger!)

17) X-Rite 810 desktop densitometer with manual and calibration patch

That's probably enough for now. I may add a few other things if I think of them. In the meantime, if you're interested in any of these then please let me know. And if you're in London then you're welcome to drop by and take a look at and/or play with any of this.

Ian.
Old 1st August 2009, 04:01 PM
Friend

Query sent on the Isolettes.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:17 AM
Friend

The Isolettes have gone, as has the tripod, head, and one of the Diana's.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:55 AM
Friend

Hi Ian, I am intereste in the plate cameras but wouldn't know where to start with value etc, do you have a ballpark figure?

I am selling some of my 5x4 gear to fund getting into ulf, 4x10 or 5x12 but this could be one of those fortunate timing things.

Gari
Old 16th August 2009, 12:37 PM
Friend

Hi Ian pm you about the film

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 29th August 2009, 01:37 PM
Friend

Hi Ian what Schneider 80mm enlarger lens is it?
Old 30th August 2009, 05:25 PM
Friend

Ok...I'll try a different approach is the enlarging lens a Schneider Kreuznach Componon S 80mm f/5.6 with M39 thread? Or?
Old 30th August 2009, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
Ok...I'll try a different approach is the enlarging lens a Schneider Kreuznach Componon S 80mm f/5.6 with M39 thread? Or?
Kev, it may be worth you sending Ian a PM from here as I suspect he may not have read your post yet?
Old 31st August 2009, 11:24 AM
Friend

I find it rather curious that someone would list a for sale add and then not check it out to respond to offers or questions from potential buyers
Ebay it is then...hopefully their buyer selection process will be less demanding

Last edited by kev curry; 31st August 2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:56 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
I find it rather curious that someone would list a for sale add and then not check it out to respond to offers or questions from potential buyers
Ebay it is then...hopefully their buyer selection process will be less demanding
Curious it may be Kev, but we do ask that you, and I quote,
" initially make contact with others by PM ".
That will ensure that the poster sees your message just as soon as they log-on.
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies