Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th March 2019, 05:34 PM
Friend

Someone was kind enough to draw my attention to a recent thread on another forum that PF's Pyrocat HD has been affected by some dodgy Phenidone.
PF have assured me that my kits are good, given that they were produced before they mixed a later batch using the dodgy Phenidone.
Just in case anyone has any concerns.
Old 4th March 2019, 07:53 PM
Friend

That's good to know David.

Mike
Old 7th March 2019, 05:47 PM
Friend

Let me start by saying I enjoyed use PMK Pyro until I thought it was the cause of mottled negatives which was not the case. It turned out to be wetting agent.

I have been looking back through my old post on the blog and have discovered a number of posts on PMK Pyro if you are interested the year of publication is 2011, 2012. I have included one post.

https://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/2011...-pmk-pyro.html

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.

Last edited by photomi7ch; 7th March 2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: forgot to add 2012
Old 10th March 2019, 12:21 PM
Friend

Thanks for this Mitch.
Many interesting articles and all very readable.
Old 2nd April 2019, 08:34 AM
Friend

I am offering a 25% discount on the Photographers Formulary TF4 & TF5 fixers 4l bottles. These bottles make a 12l working solution - go here https://www.stillphotographic.com/shop for more info.
Old 2nd April 2019, 11:57 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgc View Post
I am offering a 25% discount on the Photographers Formulary TF4 & TF5 fixers 4l bottles. These bottles make a 12l working solution - go here https://www.stillphotographic.com/shop for more info.
David I was a bit confused by the bottom line of TF4 and TF5 fixers. The IL of TF4 makes 12 L so does the 4L make 16L?. Same question for the TF5 fixers as well. What makes the TF5 the same price as TF4 in 1L but proportionally less expensive by £3 in 4L than 4L of TF4?

Thanks

Mike
Old 8th April 2019, 09:10 PM
Friend

Sorry for the delay in responding Mike and for the typo - both TF4 & TF5 1 gallon (approx. 4L) bottles make 16L (ie both stocks dilute at 1:3); an even better bargain at the price !!
I asked PF the same question and was informed that the costs of TF4 are more expensive than TF5, but PF consider it commercially viable to sell both 1L bottles at the same price.
Old 18th November 2019, 12:05 PM
Friend

Default Photographer's Formulary New Arrivals in UK

Just to let you know, I am offering free postage on TF4 & TF5 fixers - both the 1 litre and 1 gallon bottles.

I have new arrivals including:
- Sodium Metaborate
- 4x toner kits including thioura, copper, iron blue and polysulfide (rich dark brown sepia)
- sepia sulphide toner (rich browns)

and new stock of Pyrocat HD.
Old 25th November 2019, 05:12 PM
Friend

David, just been to your site.
Some lovely stuff there. Really liked the misty shots titled 'River Dee', and enjoyed the still-life.
Old 2nd May 2021, 01:29 PM
Friend

Bump

Having recently bought Sodium Metaborate here in Germany and sent it to some desperate friends in the UK, I discovered your site David and have now recommended it to said friends. I thought that it was worth bumping this thread just to alert others of the availability of Sodium Metaborate via your shop.

Keep up the good work (both selling products that many analogue photographers need and your own photography).

Bests,

David.
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies