Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th September 2020, 09:29 AM
Administrator

That does not seem to be at all a bad price for instant prints in that size. Probably similar to the original Polaroid before it went away, allowing for inflation. Makes the whole idea a bit more practical. I would guess the relatively high price of B&W is down to demand/economies of scale.

I'm not about to rush out and pre-order (bearing in mind lomo's reputation for build quality and Fujifilm's penchant for dropping film) but I'll definitely be keeping a eye on this.

Last edited by Bob; 8th September 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11th October 2021, 10:43 AM
Friend

The first back in the UK, apparently, was tested by Marcus McAdam on the latest PhotographyOnline YouTube video.

Warning. Contains (digital) nuts.

https://youtu.be/Pmui6dRRMCY
Old 12th October 2021, 08:03 PM
Friend

I put instax wide in my 5x4 film holders two at a time or shoot as many as I want also in my polaroid backs ,then I shoot them one at a time ,then into my changing bag and transferee them into a empty instax cassette and put it in to my instax camera then out of the changing bag and I cover the lens and fire the shutter ,once you get used to it it don't take much time to do ,this is one of the first I took on my 5x4 camera its instax wide black and white (as you can see) .they did get a lot better

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG  test 01.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	4249
Old 16th October 2021, 09:54 PM
Friend

shame it's not actually 5x4 at 99x62mm it's even smaller than the fuji fp100 that was 110x85mm or there abouts
now if they had an adaptor to my gx680 ...
Old 27th October 2021, 03:09 PM
Friend

Robin you are right there ,but also the FP100 was far superior to the instax in every way .here are some instax I shot on my 5x4 camera and my 645 camera ,they like to pick a bit of dust up as well ..

Name:	Oct27&01   013.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	4254

Name:	Oct27&02   012.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	4255

Name:	Oct27&04   011.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	4256
Old 28th October 2021, 06:21 PM
Friend

Default the spacer...

It's long time since I used a 4x5" Sinar, for which I had a Polaroid back. The running cost, partly in wasted film, was huge. The procedure before exposing was lengthy and steps such as stopping down and recocking the shutter were often missed. The instax requires a 19mm thick spacer to be exchanged with the film holder bore exposing. At my advanced age that's just step too many to be practical. And expensive.
Old 12th November 2021, 09:28 PM
Friend

A bit more instax fun .. I took these with my fuji GX680 ,loaded single sheets of instax film in to a empty peel apart cassette fitted in to a polaroid back put on to my fuji took the photo and then in a changing bag I transferred it over to a instax cassette loaded into my instax 200 camera that I used to develope the instax photo ,it don't take to long once you have the knack .

anyway here is a shot I took of a Christmas train my wife made ...

Name:	Nov12&01.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	4270
Old 13th November 2021, 05:21 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
A bit more instax fun .. I took these with my fuji GX680 ,loaded single sheets of instax film in to a empty peel apart cassette fitted in to a polaroid back put on to my fuji took the photo and then in a changing bag I transferred it over to a instax cassette loaded into my instax 200 camera that I used to develope the instax photo ,it don't take to long once you have the knack .

anyway here is a shot I took of a Christmas train my wife made ...

Attachment 4270
Your wife's Christmas Train is the cutest thing! ☺
I'm glad to see you getting so much use out of these Instax films.

I have an Instax back for a Diana F+ as well as a couple of battery free, entirely manual printers to make prints from photos on one's phone to Instax film - bought them for my niece and nephew but have been unable to see them with the world as it as. They're terribly fiddly and I'm not sure their parents have the patience for this sort of thing. So, instead of posting them I've gone through almost ten cartridges of ten sheets each 'testing' them. 😁

Long story longer, I've been wanting to use the film in my Mamiya C3's sheet film back but, even having watched a YouTube video with someone doing exactly this, I can't figure out how they're getting the film back into the cartridge to process it without damaging it/squeezing the chemical pod whilst doing so. I gather getting the film out intact in the first place is going to involve breaking the cartridge, but getting it back in to another empty one successfully eludes me.

Would you have any tips, please, Paul?
Old 13th November 2021, 07:02 PM
Friend

Hi Molli
when starting on a new pack I always use the instax camera to spit out the dark slide then I put it into a changing bag and take the full cassette out and put in a black bag and into a box ,and use this pack for my single shots when developing the print I always use a empty instax cassette but first peal the little black strip that's over the slot .that will make it easy to load the exposed print ,I shoot instax wide in my 4x5 large format camera as well as in all my polaroid backs (I also shoot X-ray film in my polaroid backs as well) ..my granddaughter molly been hear over the weekend so I took some instax of her as well ....here is one I took today .

Name:	Nov13&02.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	4271
Old 14th November 2021, 01:03 AM
Friend

Thank you for taking the time to write up your process for me, I really appreciate it. Now that you've said 'remove the black strip' it seems very obvious, but I guess I thought it would be removing some sort of necessary pressure point or guide needed to develop the film. I should have paid more attention to the cartridge's mechanics.
Thank you again, that's very helpful (and your horses are lovely!)
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies