Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th April 2011, 11:30 AM
Friend

Arrow hi all

Hi every body.

As I'm posting here you have no doubt already guessed that I am new to the forum.

I actually joined in January but I've had log-in problems which have now been sorted out by admin.

I'm afraid I have an alterior motive for joining. I know very little about darkrooms and its equipment and I'm affraid I will not be indulging myself with it.

Last year a very close friend passed away and I have the sad job of disposing of some of his property.

He was a very keen photographer with (imo) a very well equiped darkroom.

Over the past few months I have been reading the books, joining forums and generally Googling stuff so that I am more able to identify stuff.

I will close this post now and start posting in other areas with the information that you are all interested in........What's up for grabs!!!!

Thanks for having me.

Dave.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Hi Dave,

It may seem hard under the circumstances but we do not allow advertising by New Users until they have contributed to the forum. We had to do this to avoid the forum being used like an auction site by persons just wanting to sell equipment.

Sorry.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:55 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Hi Dave,

It may seem hard under the circumstances but we do not allow advertising by New Users until they have contributed to the forum. We had to do this to avoid the forum being used like an auction site by persons just wanting to sell equipment.

Sorry.
Ah!!...I was woried that that might be the case.

Please believe me that I do not wish to break any rules.

My problem is that I have no knowledge of anything to do with photography so I cannot really add anything to the forum other than the opportunity to its members to avail themselves of the equipment that I believe my late friend would want to go to like minded people.

How many posts, or how long a membership is required before I can start offering this stuff?

Dave.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:37 AM
Friend

Question

Hmmm, refreshing honesty.
I believe 5 posts makes you a friend, with an ulterior motive I believe you could have joined, not declared your intention, posted half a dozen times, then flogged your stuff.
Interesting dilemma for our moderators, good luck.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 6th April 2011, 09:10 AM
Friend

Thanks Graeme.

This post makes 3 so pehaps I might soon be eligable by default

I'll have a search round the forum to see if there is anything I might know something about.

Dave.

Last edited by davie; 6th April 2011 at 09:14 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies