Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd July 2012, 08:58 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSap View Post
Many thanks all for the welcome

PaulBJE, I'm also using a LPL for colour work, are you using a particular system for determining the colour balance or trial and error? I tried a Paterson Theilgaard analyser but the prints came out with a large magenta cast. I think I'll have to vist the search bar and see if I was doing something incorrect.
Secondly, is that one of the NOVA trimate's or a tray warmer? I know what you mean about he content of pictures but thats my excuse for taking ever more...surely I'll hit a good shot one time.
Steve,
I used trial and error to start with, and managed to find the colour balance very quickly with the help of some instructions downloaded from the internet. I now stick to Kodak Ektar and the same paper and brew you are using so that the filtration is constant at 40 magenta 45 yellow. Unfortunately I have just had to replace the bulb in the enlarger so it may need adjustment.
I use the Nova Trimate, which gives a constant 45 degrees with about 1 1/2 hours warm up. Develop for 45 seconds and stop 30 seconds and fix for 60 seconds.
Regards,
Paul
Old 3rd July 2012, 01:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBJE View Post
Steve,
I used trial and error to start with, and managed to find the colour balance very quickly with the help of some instructions downloaded from the internet. I now stick to Kodak Ektar and the same paper and brew you are using so that the filtration is constant at 40 magenta 45 yellow. Unfortunately I have just had to replace the bulb in the enlarger so it may need adjustment.
I use the Nova Trimate, which gives a constant 45 degrees with about 1 1/2 hours warm up. Develop for 45 seconds and stop 30 seconds and fix for 60 seconds.
Regards,
Paul
Indeed I'd like to try to keep to a constant set of film and kit but alas my regular supplier has stopped doing the slower AGFA film which I found most favourable (from conducting most unscientific tests). I was lucky to use jobo setup but looking into the nova gear as I found the jobo a bit of a fiddle. Thanks for the heads up and look forward to further experimentation and seeing others results.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies