Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th November 2008, 09:30 PM
Friend

Default In the Welsh Corner

Hi to all ... Stoo just passed me this address and it's great to see some familiar faces all in one place.

I don't usually write lengthy introductions on forums, but I thought I'd add a bit about my photographic journeys over the years ... I started out with a 35mm Kowa with two auxiliary lenses back around 1970. It was an expensive dud and I don't think any shots survive from then. I picked up, borrowed, or stole several Kodak Instamatics through the seventies until my first wife showed up with her own Pentax SP1000. When I later had to buy a camera for myself it was naturally enough another Pentax. That lasted many years, but eventually the MV got traded in for a P30T and an MES. Things got serious while I was in the Middle East and the pair of them clapped out almost simultaneously. I picked up a Pentax MZ-5 ... notice a theme here?

Exactly, all I knew was 35mm. However, that changed in 2001 when I moved to Singapore and ran into a friendly second-hand dealer. I bought a 1928 Voigtlander Vag 6.5x9 with a Skopar lens, rigged up a 6x7 film holder from an RB67, and started dev'ing my own. Some thirty or forty trades later (including time spent inside many a Compur and Prontor) I'm still using the Vag, but now have far too many old cams to choose from, both sheet and 120.

Currently loaded on the kitchen table, there's a 1954 Mamiya 6, and a Rolleiflex T, and a Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim. And a 1900 whole plate camera sitting in the studio waiting for the next project ...
Old 5th November 2008, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Glad you made it here Sandeha, I look forward to your posts. Welcome.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:42 PM
Friend

Welcome Sandeha, I'm glad you found us. When you have time why not open yourself an Album here.
Old 5th November 2008, 09:56 PM
Friend

Welcome Sandeha I'm also glad you found this little island in paradise
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 5th November 2008, 10:20 PM
Friend

Great Intro Sandeha, Welcome.

One thing that I find sad, not the fact that your first marriage ended, but the fact that she probably took the Pentax SP1000 with her. I feel your pain

Best

Stoo
Old 5th November 2008, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Sandeha. An oasis of calm... (with any luck )
Old 6th November 2008, 12:44 AM
Friend

Nice to see you here, I love sites where everyone knows more than me. It's like delving into a store of reliable knowledge. A scarce commodity these days.I had an instamatic in the 1970s. Brings back memories of my 20's. It's amazing how easily pleased I(we all?) was/were then. Mind you even at 6x4, prints were expensive and my horizons never extended beyond that for about 25 years.

This is developing into a great site which needs very little fixing and no stopping. Anyone like to see any more lousy 1950s "ad" lines? Thought not so I'll shut up now

Mike O'Pray
Old 6th November 2008, 08:36 AM
Friend

Thanks for the welcome.

Stoo, it wasn't so bad - worse was to come. My second wife had no interest in photography at all.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:41 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeha Lynch View Post
Hi to all ... Stoo just passed me this address and it's great to see some familiar faces all in one place.....................

Hi Sandeha and welcome from west Cornwall. I look forward to hearing more about your cameras and mariages

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies