Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th March 2012, 07:39 PM
Friend

Default .....easily passed round the pub....

You're spot on, Mike O'Pray. And the women like prints too.
Just noticed, peterlg, that you're living in Luxembourg. Nice city. My son worked there for a few years.
Old 31st March 2012, 07:37 PM
Friend

Hello from another King's Lynn boy! There's a lot lot to be said for simplicity. Whereabouts do you live?

Rob
Old 31st March 2012, 09:06 PM
Friend

hello agrokid (or as the others call you, Ralph?)
so you know that Luxembourg is rich on photo opportunities: the Moselle, the Ardennes etc. Photowise, the best is probably the permanent exhibition "Family of Man" which right now is undergoing a rejuvenating operation and removal to new location. I'll tell you when and where it's opning again. It ought to be classified as a monument "worth the voyage".
Peter
(another 1939'er)
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:14 PM
Friend

Welcome Ralph

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrokid View Post
Only a 5x4 would tempt me down that road again.
Wait until Rob arranges one of his North Norfolk shooting trips, and if I can make it, we can tempt you with a 5x4 rig
Old 4th April 2012, 09:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
Wait until Rob arranges one of his North Norfolk shooting trips, and if I can make it, we can tempt you with a 5x4 rig
Watch this space. I'm having a look at the calendar and work roster over the weekend. I'm thinking about a day at Brancaster Staithe sometime in June.

Rob
Old 5th April 2012, 02:24 PM
Friend

Hi Rob,

Are all welcome on the day out if it happens ?

Never been to a FADU trip. Will it be ok if I keep an eye out for the date you set, and see if I can make it ? I live in Peterborough so not a million miles away. Will have to see if I can persuade the wife she fancies a day in Hunstanton and drop me off.

Ian

Last edited by CambsIan; 5th April 2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 6th April 2012, 06:24 PM
Friend

Default I'm overwhelmed by all your hospitality.....

......but fear I may disappoint you. Where near King's Lynn? The village of Boughton, ye place of ye pond. The locals quite often see me around the pond taking the same pics every time. They think I'm mad. Truth is I'm comparing results from Velvia, Provia and XP2 in TLR and 35SE. All to be compared with results from Leica Digilux 2. Eventually to decide which to sell. I'm trying to reduce the stuff cluttering the house. So too late for me to go 5x4. Would quite like to play with one though. Can remember using 1/4 plates in a Thornton Pickard SLR with a Kodak Ektar. Still have some nice church interiors taken that way when churches were lit by candles. But my best work was probably from a Rollei SLX with studio flash. However someone took away Agfa RS, and that hurt, coming as it did after the death of Agfa Brovira and Portriga. So I checked out from photography for twenty years. Tried again recently. Uneasy about digital, and film has improved so much. So I'm confused. Pretty sure I'll end up with just 35SE. It is such an impressive little bundle.
Old 7th April 2012, 07:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Hi Rob,

Are all welcome on the day out if it happens ?

Never been to a FADU trip. Will it be ok if I keep an eye out for the date you set, and see if I can make it ? I live in Peterborough so not a million miles away. Will have to see if I can persuade the wife she fancies a day in Hunstanton and drop me off.

Ian
Of course - any film-based photographers are welcome! I must get some dates sorted.

Rob
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies