Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th July 2011, 10:37 AM
Friend

Default Hi from Czech Republic

Hello everybody,

my name is Jan. I am 29 years old and live in village near Trebic(Moravian part of CZ :-)) on weekends, during week I stay in Prague due to my work.
Photography is my hobby for about 10 years now. My first "real" camera was Zenit 11, I used only colour negatives and let them processed in local lab. After that lab had been closed and I started to be dissapointed with results from other labs I moved to BW and begin developing films and enlarging photos myself. Another reason was curiosity and enthusiasm when browsing parent's photoalbums.
I am using 35mm, MF and LF cameras. I like especially German made pre-war cameras(ICA, Zeiss Ikon, Linhof, Rolleiflex, Welta..). My main "workhorses" are Rolleiflex Automat and Welta Weltur 6x9 for MF and Contax Aria for 35mm. I am learning to take photos with LF - ICA Ideal 225(9x12) and Meopta Magnola(13x18), but I am in the very beginning with this. During the years I had some other cameras(Prakticas, Canon EOS, FD system, Soviet rangefinders, Yashica Electro 35GT, Olympus RD,Minolta MDs...).
I try to take BW photographs of people(portrait and document) and landscape. Sometimes I use 35mm colour slide, colours of projected slide are fantastic and unmatched with anything else, unless you make it with MF slides(as I heard:-)).
For Link to FADU thanks go to Leo Stehlik.
Sorry for my english, I am better reader than writer.
Have a nice day. :-)
Jan

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies