Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th February 2022, 05:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
...it is in side view, the writing on it says SRB Photographic, MC, UV. I would have thought the MC stood for Multi Coated?
May be worth a second look.
One could of course phone or email the company to double-check if unsure.

Terry S
Old 13th February 2022, 06:02 PM
Friend

Teamwork in London sell Heliopan MC glass filters up to and including 105mm - https://www.teamworkphoto.com/online...lter-37-105mm/

I have some Heliopan filters and can see no difference between B+W, Hoya and Heliopan in terms of optical quality.

I have also used Teamwork many times for various bits.

The 105mm is not a cheap size - the law of supply and demand.

If you Google filters make sure they clearly say they are multicoated - not all of them are and some are even uncoated.

Martin
Old 13th February 2022, 06:50 PM
Friend

After hunting for a 105mm filter I came across this one. I'd not heard of Novo filters before but they do tick a couple of boxes - Nano multi-coating and Schott glass.

https://www.novo-photo.com/novo-exce...protector.html
Old 13th February 2022, 09:21 PM
Friend

There are several sellers on eBay offering the Kood version in 95mm for around 20 pounds new. It is multi-coated, and comes in a slim mount, which would be useful for the wide angle lens. The lens itself is multi-coated, so the coating quality of the filter is probably of less importance. There’s nothing to suggest, however, that the Kood product is in any way of inferior quality.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 14th February 2022, 10:06 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And if correct, the article also says that it has a 'built in petal shaped lens hood'.

Terry S
Earlier versions of the 40mm used a petal lens hood, the later ones are 95mm threaded.
I made a hood for mine from miscellaneous bits lying around. I got the measurements from an old Focal Press book, Optics.

The 50-100mm zoom Zenzanon for SQ is also 95mm thread but comes with a twist on petal hood.
Old 14th February 2022, 05:57 PM
Friend

John,Éarlier in this thread you were talking about SRB glass filters, I have several of them to cover the range of lenses I have, ans out of curiosty I just looked at the storage boxes they came in and the label states they are MC HD filters, which I think makes them good value for money, I have used them for a long time now and cover every lens I have both MF and 35mm, never a problem and no problems with 24mm lenses,
Richard
Old 14th February 2022, 06:02 PM
Friend

Hi John,
Earlier in this thread you were wondering about the SRB range of glass filters, I have a range of the, covering every lens I have both 35mm and MF, and just checked on the storage box they came in and on the box it states they are MC HD filters, which I think makes them good value for money, certainly I have never had problems even using them on 24mm lenses
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies