Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Locations > Great Britain

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th January 2009, 11:35 AM
Friend

Post Liverpool

I'm off to Liverpool now. It's the city of my birth and I go back regularly (too regularly these days). It's got a fabulous waterfront but it's difficult to take a non-cliched picture. I try and concentrate on the quirkyness of the city and its inhabitants. I'm also going to use the time to visit the John Davies exhibition which finishes tomorrow. Anyone seen it?

www.flickr.com/photos/toffeezebra/
Old 8th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Friend

Not seen it John, my company is based in Ellesmere Port so I get to visit Liverpool at least once a year, usually for the Chrismas Party.
Love your Flikr stream by the way, especially the sweeping architecture shots, they aren't all named though, would like to know where they are.

Have a great time

Andrew
Old 14th January 2009, 06:19 PM
Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bartram View Post
Not seen it John, my company is based in Ellesmere Port so I get to visit Liverpool at least once a year, usually for the Chrismas Party.
Love your Flikr stream by the way, especially the sweeping architecture shots, they aren't all named though, would like to know where they are.

Have a great time

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Thanks for your comments on my flickr pages. I think the pictures you are referring to are the photographs I took of the opera house in Valencia. It's a fantastic feat of engineering and design on a huge scale. It was designed by a Japanese Architect. It's part of a large development which is well worth visiting if you are ever in that part of Spain. Unfortunately I never got to go inside the building on my last trip.

www.flickr.com/photos/toffeezebra/
Old 15th January 2009, 08:09 AM
Friend

John

Thanks for the info

Andrew
Old 11th December 2010, 08:14 PM
Friend

I have been over to Albert docks a few times and quite liked the results. In fact my first ever wet print was from there. (See my album)

Been heavily into digital for several years and just starting with the art of film and developing the film and prints myself. I am here to learn and to share with others.

Tags
john davies, liverpool
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies