Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th August 2019, 12:20 PM
Friend

Thanks Frank. I’m glad you liked it.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 30th August 2019, 05:54 PM
Friend

Posted today.
Old 1st September 2019, 12:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted this morning and my apologies for the expected late arrival.
And it has arrived Marty!

It's a fabulous quality print that I've received, so many thanks.

The print is a picture taken of the front of a church (the translation of this word and the place name, I doubt I would ever be able to pronounce though. )

The range of tones are spot on = from lovely highlights, right through a dark richly textured sky, to the deep shadows. It would be great to see it in the gallery, but as usual, I don't think a scan will do it justice.

The paper btw, is Ilford classic FB glossy, the surface of which I don't really like in RC, but this and other prints I've received that have been made on air dried FB glossy, I've really come to like. So maybe, when my current boxes run out I may give some a try.

Many thanks once more Marty.

Terry S

PS And Marty, you mention in your letter that you have no details of the exposure? I mention this, because with my Fuji GA645zi, details are printed in the rebate of the film. They are tiny, but they are there!
Old 1st September 2019, 01:26 PM
Friend

Hi Terry, I'm very pleased you like the print and that it arrived on time!

As for the Fuji GA645zi you're absolutely right about the data imprint although I believe it can be turned on and off if my memory serves me correctly ...?
I'll have to take a look.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 1st September 2019, 10:09 PM
Friend

Default Print Exchange Round 113, Aug.2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Posted today.

Just home tonight to find two excellent prints from Colin.
The first is a very gentle, and quite graphic study of water lilies. It is, as Colin says, quite Oriental. The use of IR film has altered the tones, with a subtle lift in contrast. I think it works very well, and captures the summer light beautifully.
The second print is entirely different. A very dramatic, chiaroscuro study of the foyer of a public building. The image has high contrast, and is populated with anonymous figures, and their long shadows. Again, a very fine print.
Thank you, Colin, I’m delighted with them.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
As for the Fuji GA645zi you're absolutely right about the data imprint although I believe it can be turned on and off if my memory serves me correctly ...?
I'll have to take a look.
Well, I've just printed out a copy of the manual, and it seems much more complicated that I remember = or it could just be my aging brain! .

I also think you have to reset it when changing batteries, as I know I've had to do it a few times, but I will find out these things when I sit down with my camera later to see. But I do know that I have something printed on the margins of my films, ever since getting the camera. But, in all that time, I think that I've only checked for some reason just a couple of times. So it's a useful thing to have, even if it's not used very often, in my case at least.

All of this has reminded me to take the camera out for a spin again soon, as it's a lovely camera to use, and could easily be my favourite overall.

Terry S
Old 3rd September 2019, 07:16 PM
Administrator

The end of the month caught me unawares again. Odd as I seem to recall I had 31 days notice of it happening...

So, with apologies for my absurd tardiness, my print is currently winging (I assume, at some point, literally) its way to its destination.

Cheers.
Old 5th September 2019, 04:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
The end of the month caught me unawares again. Odd as I seem to recall I had 31 days notice of it happening...

So, with apologies for my absurd tardiness, my print is currently winging (I assume, at some point, literally) its way to its destination.

Cheers.
And was waiting for me when I got home today, not 1 but 3 prints, the bigger is a fine print of a young fisherman pushing his bike and rod along the beach plus a postcard sized print of the same subject and a postcard sized print from a negative taken on an Ensign ful vue box camera of a couple enjoying the British museum. many thanks Bob enjoying them all very much
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies