Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th May 2021, 11:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
Yesterday I go a large enveloppe with three beautiful pribts form Richard Gould. The sujets are from the Channel Islands: The ruins of Gronez Castle, the Pinnacle rock and and a remnant of the occupation years.

I have never been there, not even take a journey to that islands into account. That is a shame. I set thes island at my journey list.

Thank you for that prints! I was pleased to read that you use a medium format camera, a Bronica ETRSi.
Glad there safely, and glad you like them,
Richard
Old 27th May 2021, 11:26 AM
Friend

arrived today a print from Graeme, a print of a cricket pavilion with some stark wintry looking trees around it, very nice, and suits, in my younger days I played the game
Richard
Old 31st May 2021, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Sorry - forgot to post... My print went in the post yesterday.
Old 2nd June 2021, 09:41 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
And received yesterday. A bneautifully printed still-life of a pair of pears! Thanks.
Thanks Rob pleased you like it.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:00 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering is in the post.

Mike
Hi Mike thank you for your wonderful Photograph of Dinorwic Quarry above Lanberis. I have been passed the hydroelectric station you mentioned.

It did miss me.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 3rd June 2021, 01:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted mine this afternoon.
And have been received, with thanks Marty.

First off, thanks very much for the comment about me liking 'things a little different'. You have obviously picked that up somewhere, but it is very true.

Marty has sent to me a wonderful print, of a field that is totally overgrown with, what look like daisies, with the horizon of trees and sky, only taking up a very small part of the overall picture.

Even before reading Marty's accompanying letter, I thought that the picture had a certain look about it, and only became aware of what, once I had read the letter itself. The shot was taken on, new to me, 'Ilford Ortho Plus' 5 x 4 film. This has produced a print (on FB air-dried gloss paper) somewhat different in tone to the usual, with to my eyes, darker mid-tones.

I like the print very much and will be framing it so that I can view it regularly. The only problem, will be finding a place to put it, as my walls are already quite full. But thinking about it, maybe my darkroom would be appropriate?

Thank you once more for such a lovely print Marty. It has inspired me to try a roll or two of this, new to me, film this summer. One last question, does it require a red or other filter to achieve the tones that you got?

Terry S
Old 3rd June 2021, 04:40 PM
Friend

Hi Terry, many thanks for the kind comments.

In my letter I said it's not blue sensitive but that is incorrect. The film is in fact blue sensitive BUT it is not red sensitive! So don't use a red or orange filter.

I believe I used a yellow filter otherwise skies tend to be rather pale.

Sorry about the confusion.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 7th June 2021, 11:25 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Sorry - forgot to post... My print went in the post yesterday.
I’ve received 2 beautiful prints from Bob.
One is from a previous round and I would just like to state on the record that firstly, I often see prints go to others that I would love to have! So please don’t hold back and feel free to post any previous exchange round prints in my direction. I most certainly won’t be disappointed. And secondly, I tend to do the same and hope that others don’t mind!

Now on to the pics, I was very keen on the sunflower shot in the allotment and the print lives very much up to the comments posted. The toning, the angle of view and withered head detail just pop off the paper.

And the second print is just as precious. It definitely has something quite archaeological or even paleontological about it, for me. Warm toned and heavily detailed the sculpted horse-head like creature seems to have been documented from a previous civilisation. And both the light and rendering give the impression that it could have been taken on glass plate.

All souped in Bob’s own chemical concoctions. And clearly based on these 2 prints, I need to get myself and my camera much closer to the ground.

Sorry for the late reply, Bob, but siting of the ‘new’ enlarger had to take priority this weekend. Some people just never seem to appreciate the aesthetic qualities of an 80kg photographic enlarger sat their front lounge!

Many thanks.

- Minor White, 1950
Old 7th June 2021, 11:58 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
I’ve received 2 beautiful prints from Bob.
One is from a previous round and I would just like to state on the record that firstly, I often see prints go to others that I would love to have! So please don’t hold back and feel free to post any previous exchange round prints in my direction. I most certainly won’t be disappointed. And secondly, I tend to do the same and hope that others don’t mind! Maybe if I really like a print sent to another member, maybe I should just bite my lip and just ask for a copy? I say this, for in all the time that I have joined in the photo swap, I think that only two people have asked for a copy sent to someone else. Bravo to them!

Sorry for the late reply, Bob, but siting of the ‘new’ enlarger had to take priority this weekend. Some people just never seem to appreciate the aesthetic qualities of an 80kg photographic enlarger sat their front lounge!
I have done the same Marty, sending a 'second' print out from a previous round that I have printed up more than normal, basically because I like it. But like you, I'm more than happy to receive an extra print from a previous round, as I'm sure most would too.

And how can anyone NOT like having an 80kg piece of engineering keeping them company when watching tv?

It reminds me of a scenario a year of two ago now... A local garage was closing and had a full size bright red dalek in their window for years. I mentioned it in passing, about how cool it would be to buy it and have it in the living room... Well, it never happened, as the garage was sold and boarded up before I even had the chance to enquire, but I don't think it would have been well received if I had brought it home one evening... 'Hello! I'm home... and I've brought a... er... guest with me...'

Terry S
Old 7th June 2021, 01:48 PM
Friend

Ex-ter-min-ate! Ex-ter-min-ate! Ex-ter-min-ate!

It would probably be worth a small fortune by now and a lot more than my enlarger...

- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies