Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th August 2015, 07:10 PM
Friend

Default infinity focus rb67 lenses

So, to focus at infinity on my 50mm sekor C lens for my rb67 pro sd, i keep the bellows completely shut.

but ive noticed that if i move the bellows a tiny amount it changes the focus, while it attains focus on farther objects like sky it seems to bring into focus more mid range objects like trees, or am i just seeing things?

so basically is it right to assume to focus at infinity on my 50mm (and other lenses?) i just keep the bellows firmly shut?
Old 11th August 2015, 09:04 PM
Friend

you focus on whateverever you want primary focus on.

Your bellows will wind all the way in to the point where they are at infinity for the shortest lens your camera was designed to accept.

However, sometimes it may go just a tad past that point so I would say don't rely on an infinity mark/stop being bang on correct. Always focus on what you want as your primary focus plane through the viewfinder.

A longer lens well not require you to wind it all the way in.

I don't know your particular camera. Does it have infinity stops for each lens focal length on the focus rail?
Old 12th August 2015, 09:48 PM
Friend

the amount i move the bellows is so tiny its barely a move, ive been photographing skys, so want infinity to be as true as possible, i know its completely different but on canon isnt infinity was just priorto the farthest turn of focus so was wondering if it was the sort of same deal, its hard to see if the sky chnages focus slightly with the viewfinder and the naturally softness of clouds.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies