Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st May 2018, 11:04 AM
Friend

Print posted today first class.
I do not know where the month has gone. What started out as being on time is now late. With this in mind I will not be taking part in the exchange again until the Autumn.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:09 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
Mine went first class this morning. S.A.G.
Thank you Tony for your wonderful photograph it arrived mid morning.
It shows a single out of place tree and broken dry stone wall dominated by a forestry plantation.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:55 AM
Friend

My offering went in the post yesterday = Wed 30/05/18, by first class post.

Terry S
Old 31st May 2018, 11:57 AM
Friend

Pleased it arrived in time Mitch - and I’m doing the same as you in having a break from the print exchange until Autumn.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Thank you Tony for your wonderful photograph it arrived mid morning.
It shows a single out of place tree and broken dry stone wall dominated by a forestry plantation.

Tony
Old 31st May 2018, 03:02 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering went in the post yesterday = Wed 30/05/18, by first class post.

Terry S
And received today. Terry has sent two prints from the same Holga negative, one on Kentmere Fine Lustre RC paper and the other on Ilford FB matt as a comparison. To me the RC seems to have slightly more detail in the shadows plus a little more contrast and I must admit I prefer the Lustre finish to the matt. However Terry is leaning more to the FB matt paper. It is an interesting comparison and shows how different people see things.
The print is of a set of columns in an area called Silvertown in East London so it is a study of shadows and light with a hint to the activity that goes on there, car repairs in the arches, by just having a tip of a car bonnet peeking round the end of the building. Terry has also included a detailed letter giving more information about the area and the businesses carried out there.

First shots I have seen from a Holga and the additionally the comparison of papers is very interesting. Well worth adding to the Gallery but of course the surface difference cannot be seen on screen.

Thanks Terry a great addition to my collection.

Bill
Old 1st June 2018, 11:31 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
And received today.

Bill
Many thanks Bill for your comments. I will try to scan both prints together to put in the gallery, so that the exposure is the same for both and hopefully will give a good representation of the prints, if not the surfaces.

Partly though lack of time, but also as part of an experiment, I tried to get the exposure in the central (main) part of the two prints to be the same, letting the shadows do what they wanted on both papers, with no further dodging etc. I too was quite surprised how on the FB print, the shadows filled in a lot more than the RC Lustre paper. Given time, I will try one more go at the neg on FB, to see how much detail I can tweak out of it, which I got on the lustre paper without effort.

As for preferring one over the other, I can see your points of view Bill. Yes one has a bit more contrast than the other, but it is the actual surface of the FB matt paper that I think that I prefer. This could of course be just down to me having printed on lustre / pearl for so long, that I just liked the change. Further use of both will continue and I'm interested to see how other negs cope on both papers.

Terry S
Old 6th June 2018, 08:57 AM
Friend

Just been to the post office to pick up not one but two excellent and very different prints from Skellum (I've been working away and not had time to collect them until now). I'll comment further once they're in the gallery! Thanks!
Old 6th June 2018, 09:32 AM
Friend

Sorry Rob, me bad. I'd picked your prints, and only after trying to pack them did I realise they might not fit your letterbox.
Hope your sorting office isn't too far away.
I'll try and post them in the gallery tonight.
Old 8th June 2018, 12:28 PM
Friend

No apology needed! I've been working away during the day and our letterbox is ridiculously small . Well worth the wait whatever!
Old 8th June 2018, 07:07 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Print posted today first class.
I do not know where the month has gone. What started out as being on time is now late. With this in mind I will not be taking part in the exchange again until the Autumn.
And has arrived: I found it this morning and I am sure that it hasn't been lying there since the beginning of the month when it should have arrived since it was sent 1st Class.

It is a print of the a pinhole camera XP2 negative developed in HC110, following the recent thread on this subject, of the North Devon coast - very atmospheric. It is particularly good to get prints produced by methods that I haven't used myself.
Thanks, Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies