Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th March 2013, 02:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Firstcall got a mention here recently so I thought I'd have a look at their site.
Sod that! £14 for a box which would cost a fraction of that to post?
Skellum,

having used Firstcall Photographic in the past, I was quite surprised to see you quoting their postage at £14... a big jump I thought...

So, I'm not sure where you are but it seems that the 'Standard' rate for delivery to most of the UK is a lot less at £7.99, which is a bit more in keeping with other sites.

But as others say, it's always worth shopping around.

To quote from Firstcall's site:

Courier Service

Courier Companies
Delivery by DPD, Citylink or UK Mail

Domestic deliveries

UK Mainland
There is a standard delivery charge of £7.99 including VAT per order, levied on all orders placed.

UK Highlands and Islands
For remote UK postcodes, the standard delivery charge is £14.95 including VAT per order.

Channel Islands
Our delivery charge for the Channel Islands is £15.00 excluding VAT per order.

Terry S
Old 8th March 2013, 04:15 PM
Friend

I just received an order from Firstcall - delivery cost £7.99 as Terry has said.

John
Old 8th March 2013, 08:49 PM
Friend

Hi Guys. I'm in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. Royal Mail and Parcelforce treat all areas of the UK exactly the same, but none the less some companies double (or more) charges to the Islands. It's a practice currently under scrutiny in the Scottish Parliament. So yes, Firstcall quoted me £14 for delivery. I declined. Argos Direct won't deliver at all (was looking at a printer), and next time your browsing E-bay, try keeping an eye out for the vendors who specify they won't send to Highlands and Islands.
Luckily, there are plenty of enlightened companies (Ag, Morco et al) I am very happy to use. Cheers!!
Old 9th March 2013, 12:54 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
A laugh? Was just about to order a box of 9.5x12 paper from Firstcall, but it seems they want £14 to post it. Ridiculous . . .
One word. Silverprint.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies