Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th March 2021, 08:35 PM
Friend

There was some discussion about transformer failure, and possible solutions already on the forum. Perhaps someone who was involved can point to the thread. They sometimes have a fuse in the unit itself, which would be worth checking. The other thing that causes issues with halogen bulbs, if that’s what you have, is deterioration of the bulb holder. The small, ceramic type which hold two pin bulbs can crack over time, causing poor connections. They can be replaced quite easily. Again, there has been some discussion about that issue as well. What model of enlarger do you have?
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 16th March 2021, 05:33 PM
Friend

Welcome Flack

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 16th March 2021, 06:20 PM
Friend

Well I did some reading and watched a video on the Tube, my transformer is one that needs a load on it to output 12 volts, so when I got a new bulb today, infact I got two, just as well because the first one just went pop as soon as I turned the enlarger on.

Anyway new bulb in and its now working ok. Tomorrow job is light proofing the door, then fully setting out all my gear, then hopefully back in to making some prints. Thanks for the links guys..
Old 16th March 2021, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack View Post
Well I did some reading and watched a video on the Tube, my transformer is one that needs a load on it to output 12 volts, so when I got a new bulb today, infact I got two, just as well because the first one just went pop as soon as I turned the enlarger on.

Anyway new bulb in and its now working ok. Tomorrow job is light proofing the door, then fully setting out all my gear, then hopefully back in to making some prints. Thanks for the links guys..
Good news!

Pity about the first lamp - suggest you order two more . If you have a meter it may be worth checking that the power supply is only supplying the expected 12V and not more.

Have fun!
Old 16th March 2021, 09:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Good news!

If you have a meter it may be worth checking that the power supply is only supplying the expected 12V and not more.

Have fun!
Already done that Bob.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies