Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th April 2021, 12:58 AM
Friend

Default my last box

I have just started on my last box of FP-100c pack film ,I will miss it ,I used it to test lighting and general fun in my instant film backs .Now pack film is finished I will have to use instax wide film for test shots ,I have been using it on and off to get used to it .I load one sheet in to a peel apart pack film holder ,shoot it and then transfer (In the dark) the undeveloped film in to my instax camera ,press the shutter covering the lens and then watch the image develope ,its a bit more mucking about but its the only analogue way of doing it . Its a shame Fuji has stopped making pack film ,so my way with instax is the only alternative way ,other than buying one of these new instax backs ..

www.essexcockney.com
Old 20th April 2021, 04:50 PM
Friend

What camera are you using it with? I've never heard of using instax in a pack film holder how difficult is it?

Thanks
David
Old 20th April 2021, 08:49 PM
Friend

I use the old plastic container ,I put one sheet of instax in it ,then put it in to the instant film back ,all done in the dark ,then with the dark slide in I can fit the back to my camera . after I exposed the instax I take it out ,put it in a empty instax container ,put that in a instax camera cover the lens and press the shutter . I have two instant film holders for my fuji gx680 so I load them both ,I also use the backs for my X-ray film and I get a 3x3 x-ray negative ,i do all the loading and unloading in a changing bag
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies